RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't for me, this is for a young man and his family who attend our church. January 26, he was diagnosed with an inoperable bran stem tumor. At that time, he was given 7-8 months to live, however, he has really digressed in the last week or two, and it is becoming apparent that he may have only a few months left in this life.... AJ is just 7 years old.
He has a CaringBridge page, and I have posted his most recent update and a picture of him. Would appreciate your prayers for him and his family in the coming weeks.

"As I laid in bed with AJ last evening, I felt an urgency to tell him he is going to go be with Jesus...AJ's physical abilities really took a nose dive Sun, Mon, and Tues. He could walk unaided for about 5 hours yesterday, before and after that he just crashed into everything and fell. his abilities do tend to come and go a bit. last evening at dinner he could hardly feed himself, his fine motor skills seem to be gone, his talking is getting garbled, he knows what he wants to say but can't get it out.

I went over the information the Doctor's had given us regarding the tumor with him, what that means, helped him understand that the Doctors tried to see if they could fix it and they can't, and what that means for now, poor little boy...he took his fists and started to beat the back of his head saying, "I'm gonna knock that tumor out of there." I took his hands and held them until he promised not to hit himself, "I don't want you to hurt your self." I explained what happens to a person when their body doesn't work right and how the angels will come and carry you up the stairs of heaven, and at the top is the throne of God, and lay you in the lap of God, where you will get a new body that works, where you'll be able to run and not fall, there will be no more headaches, your eyes will see perfectly, no more patches, he exclaimed loudly, "then I will see Jesus!" yes sweet boy, you will see Jesus, and then he said, "I'll have Buzz Lightyear wings and fly all over heaven." I could have hooted with laughter and tears, only in the eyes of a child! his next question...will there be toys in heaven? will there be animals in heaven and mommy will I miss you? yes there will be animals in heaven, the great white horse, and a lion, I don't know what all you will see because I have never been there yet, and no, you will not miss me, because I'm coming too, only a little later, so you will see me soon. so AJ, what do you think about going to a new home, a new home called heaven, will you be OK with that? and he says, "mom do I have to use the toilet in heaven?" nope, no more toilet AJ, (smiles) so when Jesus tells you to come, go! take Jesus' hand and go, and he drifted off to sleep.

We will need to continue to dialoque with him and continue to talk, I all of a sudden realized if we don't talk to him while he can still respond back to us, we cannot answer his questions."

·
Registered
352 Posts
Prayers from Colorado.
Dave Hare

·
Registered
592 Posts
Prayers from Wisconsin!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Prayers from SD

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Included in our prayer group Abby. Amazing young man

·
Registered
695 Posts
Abby,

This young boy and his family are in my prayers.

Janet

·
Registered
612 Posts
Prayers for an angel.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I am asking God for a miracle for AJ. There may be a time when we all have to give up hope, but God still performs miracles. So I have asked Him to heal AJ and to let his family keep him, and to postpone his arrival in Heaven. Remember the man in the Bible, who's name I cannot remember, who was told to get his house in order, and he prayed earnestly that God would give him more time? And God gave him 15 more years. God can still do that.

God, give this family strength, and please give them a miracle.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Prayers from my house for this little boy on his brave journey and for his family to have peace until they meet again.

·
Registered
369 Posts
My Prayers are with AJ and his family. Thankyou for sharing this with us. I coulnt read this without tears running down my face. This is Particularly important to me because one of my close friends and Coworkers has a 7 year old daughter with a simular condition. She has a tumor on her brain stem. She did have an operation 2 years ago however the tumor is growing again and she faces another surgery and chemo therapy. This young girls faith is a testament to us all as I am sure AJ's is to you all. Juvenile Polycistic Astrocytoma is Angels Diagnosis. She is a sweet young girl with a huge heart for Jesus. I will be sure to tell her about AJ and I know he will be in her prayers. God Bless.

Jonathan

·
Registered
446 Posts
I am asking God for a miracle for AJ. There may be a time when we all have to give up hope, but God still performs miracles. So I have asked Him to heal AJ and to let his family keep him, and to postpone his arrival in Heaven. Remember the man in the Bible, who's name I cannot remember, who was told to get his house in order, and he prayed earnestly that God would give him more time? And God gave him 15 more years. God can still do that.

God, give this family strength, and please give them a miracle.
Praying for peace along with strength. Amen... to fishn's post!

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Sending many prayers for AJ and his family.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Prayers for him and family.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Praying for AJ and his family. God Bless you brave little dude!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts