RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to try to get in touch with the breeder that i bought my pup from. i had his number but i got a new phone and lost it. the dogs are all akc registered so i was just wondering if there was some kind of way i could get his info through akc somehow. thanks for any help!:p

·
Registered
103 Posts
The name of the breeder is on the akc registration certificate.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I have that but it was registered under his daughters name and that's all I have is a name no other info

·
Registered
438 Posts
Does he have a kennel name? Try googling that. Or the name of your dog's dam. That might lead you to a website. Or try to get the phone number of the daughter - she would have her dad's number.

Why in the world would the breeder have the litter registered in his daughters name??? Sounds very fishy to me.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Some people "buy the dog for the kid" and put the dog in said kid's name. I've seen it more than once.

Technically not a good practice because legally a minor can't "sign a contract" (at least that's what the business law professor said) and if property was sold before said minor was 18, he/she could renig on the contract because they were under age at the time of signing and therefore "unable to make sound decision". I advise all parents to put the dog in their name, not the child's name in the event they do decide to breed it later for this reason.

·
Registered
661 Posts
If you do a search in the area by last name on www.whitepages.com you may be able to find them...harder if it's a common last name in a large city, but worth a shot, especially if you remember the road they live on.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok guys thanks for the info I'll try and see what I could find. And I don't know why it's under the daughters name. The whole littler was under her name. But kinda scary to know that they could remit but I don't think they would. Thanks anyway let y'all know if I have any luck

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
Ok guys thanks for the info I'll try and see what I could find. And I don't know why it's under the daughters name. The whole littler was under her name. But kinda scary to know that they could remit but I don't think they would. Thanks anyway let y'all know if I have any luck
If they are located in a state that requires inspection if you have more than a couple of litters, they may be putting the litters in kids' names not to get AKC or state inspected.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
idk the reason for it but thanks for all the info i found the breeders information with the help of you guys! thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts