1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just use the cheap bule crate fans. Sorry I don't know what kind they are, but everyone sells them. I have an old boat battery that I run to a three bank cig. lighter bank and plug two fans in to that. So the battery doesnt die on me, I put a small solar trickle charger on it. You can put the solar charger out whenever the truck is sitting to keep the battery tended. I do put it on a charger at home about everyother week to get a good charge on it.
Good luck.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just use the cheap bule crate fans. Sorry I don't know what kind they are, but everyone sells them. I have an old boat battery that I run to a three bank cig. lighter bank and plug two fans in to that. So the battery doesnt die on me, I put a small solar trickle charger on it. You can put the solar charger out whenever the truck is sitting to keep the battery tended. I do put it on a charger at home about everyother week to get a good charge on it.
Good luck.
Do you have any pictures of this set up?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Has anyone ever put a endless breeze fan on the front of a ruff tough kennel?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
My fan is a light duty fan, but it's held up for a couple years. It's certainly not ever going to win any beauty pageants or craftsmanship awards, but it gets the job done.

I run mine off a 12 volt rechargeable battery instead of the D cell batteries (low level McGyver skills required).

Those 12 volt batteries are everywhere (deer feeder, cable TV power backups, emergency exit lights, computer backup, alarm systems, etc.). I don't know the exact draw of the fan, but I've run it for several hours and never noticed a weak battery.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Another option for a power supply is using one of those rechargeable battery booster packs. Commonly used for boosting dead car batteries but I've seen some that you can plug stuff into. For those north of the boarder, canadian tire sells one under their mastercraft name that works wonders. Any type of small fan that can be hung off a kennel door and plugged into the battery pack will work just fine!

·
Registered
884 Posts
I use the Home depot Ryobi fans, they sell a quick battery charger that attaches to cigarette lighter and will recharge the batteries less than 30 minutes. My current 2 batteries have lasted 2 yrs. They run on high for 4 hours, and on low for 6.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts