RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On Apail 27, I ordered 6 12 volt batteries on the Internet from a source I had used several years before. My wingers needed some upgrades. The battey company order number/receipt was sent to my e-mail. About three and a half three weeks later, no batteries. Therefore, I sent an e-mail to the company from which I soon received a reply "Will respond in 24 hours." 48 hours later I Google the company and find the word "scam" in several entries. Great, I'm out $60.

However, I did pay for the product with PayPal. After a brief conversation with a PalPal resolution consultant, I was not contacted again with the exception of a few e-mails from PayPal about how to rectify a dispute. I was not expecting any monetary results. However, they did escalate the dispute to level 2 in the original conversation (whatever that meant).

Today I received a full refund after what I thought was a rather brief timeframe. Wow! I am pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
This is why, whenever possible, I use PayPal to pay for online purchases. They are very good at resolving these issues and MUCH quicker than if you have to
go through the process of disputing charges with a credit card company.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts