RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it has been a long time since I have been on RTF it seems to have very few posts now compared to the old days…
I see EdA and Moose Gooser are still on here so it can’t be all bad? What happened did it just fade? Is there another new Forum?

· Registered
9,749 Posts
Well, one change is the good ole boys can’t belittle me fer preferring to wear Womens clothes!!!

Reactions: dr_dog_guy

· Registered
11,077 Posts
So it has been a long time since I have been on RTF it seems to have very few posts now compared to the old days…
I see EdA and Moose Gooser are still on here so it can’t be all bad? What happened did it just fade? Is there another new Forum?
Well things change and this place is no different. Some have left us (Jerry, Lanse, and Uncle Bill), some have families with young children and moved on (Shayne and Anthony Heath), some just left (Chris K, Noah, Dave Combs, Rick Hall, kjrice, Kristi Wilder, Vicki Lamb, tshuntin, Bon Mallari, et al). Me, Gooser, Ted Shih, and Chris A are the longest tenured which does not speak well for our collective intellect. Welcome back! 🙂

· Registered
1,281 Posts
Ed, you have been here longer. To the OP not many remember how to seat a duck or the true explanation of direct vs indirect .

Jeff

Reactions: Kenneth Niles Bora

· Registered
11,077 Posts
Ed, you have been here longer. To the OP not many remember how to seat a duck or the true explanation of direct vs indirect .

Jeff
Jerry’s explanation of indirect pressure is an all time classic. Copied now for the many who have never seen it.

Unca Jerry Harris said:
You send your teenage son to the mailbox. On the way he spots the neighbor’s voluptuous daughter in a bikini (factor). He immediately starts in her direction (succumbing to the factor).

You yell (whistle) Son!!!!!! (Handle). His eyes get back into focus and turns toward you and says “WHAT??” (responding to the whistle) For the Amish folks, you walk up to him and whop him upside the head!!! (correction=indirect pressure). You then say ‘You were told to go get the mail, now do what you were told!!!

That my friends is Indirect Pressure and why it works.”

· Registered
9,749 Posts
Well things change and this place is no different. Some have left us (Jerry, Lanse, and Uncle Bill), some have families with young children and moved on (Shayne and Anthony Heath), some just left (Chris K, Noah, Dave Combs, Rick Hall, kjrice, Kristi Wilder, Vicki Lamb, tshuntin, Bon Mallari, et al). Me, Gooser, Ted Shih, and Chris A are the longest tenured which does not speak well for our collective intellect. Welcome back! 🙂
what’s collective intellect?

· Registered
1,348 Posts
HEY! Another May 2003 member

· Registered
1,281 Posts
See Dr D, you are older than me by 5 months. Dr Ed, looking forward to seeing ya'll sometime.

Jeff G

· Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And I bought a house, worked a 12hr job and trained people to train dogs until one day I literally fell asleep standing up and decided to quit my job and just train people to train dogs… life is good now!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts