RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen or heard about this new launcher. It's called the Duck (something?) Cannon. Saw it demo'ed at the SRS in NC couple weeks ago. Man it throws an awesome duck (dead or flyer). It’s like four mortar tubes side by side and it’s powered by CO2. Looks like it would save a lot of trainer and bird boy time running marks with multiple dogs. It's the first launcher I've seen that will throw 4 Ducks without reloading. Was thinking about recommending it to the club and wanted to get some input from anyone who has one.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Saw it demo'd at Old South.

Looks good to me. Good consistent throws. Jerry Day used Tritronics remote release ro fire it.

If I were in the market, I'd buy it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Smokeyjoe, you are one of the lucky ones to see the new duck cannon at the SRS. I also demo'ed it at the old south hunt test last weekend. It's awesom, just ask Harry Gooch how it launches duck flyers. Ray Shanks a pro trainer has also shot flyers launched from it and will training with it for a couple of days next week.
My next scheduled demo will be at the Atlanta field trial.

Invented by dog trainers for dog trainers.
Comming Very Soon:

Dog's Afield is introducing the most innovative training device ever developed. It is the (Duck Quattro)tm cannon with 4 barrels. "Patent Pending" It will launch Ducks, live or dead, or any other type birds, bumpers and dokkens that fits in the 4 3/4" dia. tube. You can even put 2 birds/bumpers in one barrel for a 2 simultaneous throw.
It is aprox. 26" wide x 38' tall x 7'thick. weight 48lbs with 2 wheels. There is no mechanical moving parts, rubber tubing or pullies to brake. It is co2 powered and will activate with Tri-tronics or Dogtra. Simple to operate, all you do is drop items to be retrieved in the 4 tubes and you are ready. "Even a cave man can load it."
The range of throw is from 10 to 40+ yrds. depending on the angle and pressure setting.
This launcher has been quietly in development and testing for the last 2 years. It is fully warrented and the first 15 and or orders received before June 1st. 2007 will receive a $400. discount and personalised. Price after 1st. is $3200.00
I will have photos & video on the Dog's Afield site in a couple of weeks. for more info. please call me.
Jerry Day

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
our club could buy a new equipment trailer for less! :shock:

i'm sure it is really neat, but if a club wants to reinvest and change to this device, and used it exclusively, we're talking about almost $20,000.00, even with the discount..........(based on running 1 jh, 1sh, and 1 mh for a weekend)

don't be surprised if the "little guy" becomes
harder to find at a trial/test.-$3,000 wingers, $75 entry fee, $5,000 pups regards.

but, perhaps that's the point. maybe the sport is moving towards where you need a six-figure or better annual income to be successful.-paul

·
Registered
173 Posts
paul young said:
our club could buy a new equipment trailer for less! :shock:

i'm sure it is really neat, but if a club wants to reinvest and change to this device, and used it exclusively, we're talking about almost $20,000.00, even with the discount..........(based on running 1 jh, 1sh, and 1 mh for a weekend)

don't be surprised if the "little guy" becomes
harder to find at a trial/test.-$3,000 wingers, $75 entry fee, $5,000 pups regards.

but, perhaps that's the point. maybe the sport is moving towards where you need a six-figure or better annual income to be successful.-paul
:roll:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts