RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heads up for anybody looking to purchase a new remote launcher. There is a new contender on the block.

Gunners Up ( www.gunnersup.com ) has just introduced it's first of many products for the retriever training enthusiast, the Gunners Up Remote Launcher. The Gunners Up Remote Launcher pound for pound does evrything the Zinger Winger does but at a fraction of the cost. The Gunners Up launcher sales for $275.00 almost $225.00 less than the Zinger Winger. This means you can buy multiple launchers without having to rob a bank to get it done!

We've been training with them here in Tulsa and they work like a champ! :D Check them out, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

OkieBirdBoy

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I have been training with wingers for about 7 years now and i got to tell the gunners up winger is the best winger out there right now. Ive been using it for 2 months and have had no problems at all. I own a zinger winger and i wish i would have bought 2 gunners up wingers instead. Also those bumper throwers are ok but i need something that can throw ducks and phesants. Anyway as you can tell i highly recomend you check out this new winger.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Gunners Up Launcher

Is the Gunners Up compatible with TT PRo Release"

Dan

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
What electronics work with it??

FOM

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Gunners Up Remote Launcher is compatible with both the old style TriTronics and the new Pro Series. I'm not sure on the DogTra Electronics, Ive never seen or used one of their units.

It is solenoid driven, which is easily accesible if there is a problem.

Okie Bird Boy

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I know Tri-Tronics recently introduced a new remote release system, but on their web site, they no longer sell the 150. Anyone know where I can get a TT150 reciever?
Thanks,
JS

·
Registered
418 Posts
My only concern is that I have not had good luck with the Training Group winger and the release of the Gunners Up looks very similiar. I am glad you all have had good experiences with this winger and for 275 I will get one. Thanks for the input!!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
if youve trained with a zinger then you know that they can be a pain to load with the release located inde the unit. The guuners up winger is much safer and easier to load. Also this traing group type release is removable and much eaiser to get to the selonoid. I have not had any problems with the release on this unit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DogTra

Dave,

I spoke to the folks at Gunners Up and they just finished making an aluminum adapter plate for the DogTra unit to mount to. The plate can be fastened with the plastic Nylatch Clips or with sheet metal screws. There is no extra for the plate.

Okie Bird Boy

·
Registered
89 Posts
I would like to know if it can be used as a manual launcher since it don't stake down? Also, the pros and cons of the TT electronics versues the Dogtra. If you can buy a receiver later that can be programmed prior to shipment, this is probably the model to get (realistic duck quack). Also, how hard are they to set (effort to pull down). Just getting an idea if my kids could help out with it :)

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Anyone know how much shipping costs??

FOM

1 - 20 of 206 Posts