RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys. I joined the site a couple of weeks ago and figure it is time stop lurking and step out from the shadows. First off my name is Heath. I have a new pup coming home in a couple of weeks. Im sure I will have plenty of questions for yall. The new pup is out of my current dog Gauge. I am super excited to be getting a pup out of him. Gauge had a month with a trainer as well as ob and upkeep from me. He has turned out to be an awesome dog for me. He is very steady until I release him and then he is a complete fireball going after a duck, bumper, or anything else for that matter. He has been everything I ever wanted in a duck dog and best bud. He has picked up countless ducks in his life. Gauge is a grandson of FC AFC Riparian Roughrider "Teddy". Gauge is getting a little older now and I think this is great timing for the pup. Gauge has at least 2 more good seasons and then the pup should ready to go. This should give me sometime to do some father/son hunts and have them split time until Gauge retires. I hope to hang some titles on the pup. I never did with Gauge and I feel that it was an injustice to him. I cant wait for the new adventure that awaits me with my new boy.
Anyway on to the important stuff...puppy pics. Pics of him and one of him and littermates.
BTW the poor little guy doesnt have a name yet so here is some that I am kicking around. What does he look like to you? Im also open to other suggestions.
Gauge's Son of Anarchy "Jax" (from the tv show)
Gauge's Game Six Walkoff "Freese" (Im a huge STL Cardinals fan)
Also call names Im thinking of but have not thought of registered names.
River, Cache(a river we hunt off), Timber, Scout

·
Registered
102 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Awesome looking pup there!

·
Registered
111 Posts
All these cute little pup pics are making me want one even more!! Congrats on your pup

·
Registered
700 Posts
Y'all are seriously not helping with my "resist the urge" when you keep posting all these pics- it really makes me want another one! (they're like potato chips I tell ya :rolleyes:) Those are some cute pups that's for sure :D. Welcome and good luck! This is a very good resource (especially once you learn how to use it and who/what to listen to). Good luck!

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Welcome to RTF!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Great looking pups! I think Cache is a pretty cool name. I also like River - almost named my last pup that. Best of luck with the pup!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts