RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys Iam new to RTF I was recomended by Chris Atkinson years ago to come in here I was always just to busy hunting or fishing to really put time into the internet.

My name is John Maygard, a little about myself. I was born and raised in Cordova , Alaska and moved to Southern Oregon at the age of 12. Lived there untill I was 17 when my father was diagnosed with cancer and moved to my moms in Decatur IL. I have been upland and waterfowl hunting since the age of 5 for Ducks, Geese, Chukars, Quail, Ptarmigan, grouse, dove ect.
And Iam a Happy owner of my hunting partner Jasmine *Golden Retriever*

Looks like a happy community and I will be stopping by alot more now.

·
Registered
8,332 Posts
Hi guys Iam new to RTF I was recomended by Chris Atkinson years ago to come in here I was always just to busy hunting or fishing to really put time into the internet.

My name is John Maygard, a little about myself. I was born and raised in Cordova , Alaska and moved to Southern Oregon at the age of 12. Lived there untill I was 17 when my father was diagnosed with cancer and moved to my moms in Decatur IL. I have been upland and waterfowl hunting since the age of 5 for Ducks, Geese, Chukars, Quail, Ptarmigan, grouse, dove ect.
And Iam a Happy owner of my hunting partner Jasmine *Golden Retriever*

Looks like a happy community and I will be stopping by alot more now.
Hi John,

I still remember when you first moved to Decatur and you were getting into contest calling. Time flies doesn't it?

Welcome to RTF. We'll be training this weekend.

Chris

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah Time does fly Chris Im still on Lakeshore and will be doing some brush up training on Jasmine soon I would like to get her into some more serious training. 2010 season I went back to Oregon and she had the pleasure to retriever over 400 ducks and geese and 500+ quail in the season while I was guiding clients.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The outcome of 3 guns hunting quail in my old town of Plush Oregon with Jasmine. 45 quail 3 limits in 45 minutes.

Jasmine ready to go on a Evening duck hunt.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
John, welcome! From what part of southern Oregon do you hail? I am in the Brooking's, Crescent City area for two months out of the year. I would love to hook up for some dawg work if you are in the area.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
John, welcome! From what part of southern Oregon do you hail? I am in the Brooking's, Crescent City area for two months out of the year. I would love to hook up for some dawg work if you are in the area.
Iam currently In Illinois right now helping my stepdad I will be returning to oregon in the spring of 2012. I lived in plush and lakeview oregon. I will be moving to Bend Oregon when I return/

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Welcome to RTF ........

·
Registered
352 Posts
Welcome, have fun and enjoy!!!!
Dave Hare

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi JHON its good to see a nother dog handler from decatur. I have a blf with a jr. working for a sr this summer. I am traing in NELSON park am and pm if you want some one to work with.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Iam currently In Illinois right now helping my stepdad I will be returning to oregon in the spring of 2012. I lived in plush and lakeview oregon. I will be moving to Bend Oregon when I return/
got it. Bend is a beautiful area!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Welcome aboard.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts