RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, let me say thanks to all who have posted in the past! You have answered more questions already than you know!

I am very new to the retriever training scene. My lovely girlfriend surprised me last year with a chunk of a lab as a gift not knowing he would consume most of our off time!

I joined a HRC in Central Arkansas called Pin Oak and have nothing but respect for the men and women of the club. They have taken great care to educate me the best way they know how. I can now proudly say the monster has now passed three SHR Tests and I'm looking for the fourth as soon as I get back from SW Asia.

Even though I was wanting to do all of his training myself, I ended up sending him to one of our "Pro's" until I return. I'm definitely looking foward to this coming fall not only for hunting season (which regrettably we both missed due to Uncle Sam) but also hoping we'll have his seasoned title as well!

There isn't much to do here so most of my time is spent reading past topics and learning from ones who've been doing this for many years.

Just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks once again for the help on questions that plague newbies such as myself!

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Welcome to RTF!! Glad you have found the site so helpful to you.

When you get a chance, post some pics of your dog - everybody loves pictures :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You might notice that he did not have a proper hold on the bird in one of them! The next one he brought back by the bill....

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Welcome!! Good luck with that 4th pass.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all, here's one more...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts