RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much SNOW ya'll got up there now anyway!!!!

Richard

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Depends on where you are. Either ends of the two lakes is nasty with the Oswego/Watertown/Tug Hill areas being REALLY buried! Last I heard, they had over 10 feet and pretty much all of us got another 10-20 inches overnight, last night!

I have seen several people in both the Oswego and Wyoming county areas shoveling their rooftops!

And it is still cold! 0 to 5 degrees for tonight.

Having a bad case of SAD these days, (Sesonal Affective Disorder)

Cabin fever regards,

Earlene

·
Registered
67 Posts
A few days ago they had 11+ feet in Redfield, NY, with a couple feet to be added on with this storm I believe. :shock: I read that they average 22 feet a year. I'm in lower NY..just a few inches of mixed precip. today. :D

·
Registered
181 Posts
I am close to Albany (eastern NY) and we have had bare ground ..............until today. We are suppose to end up with 2 feet (+- ) by the end of this storm....and it is cold .... single digits at night and high winds for the next few days. Out in the western part of the state they are getting lake effect snow and some areas already have 10' plus whatever this storm brings.

I put the snowblower on the Kubota yesterday and got the carhartt suit out. I took all my outside runs down and will snowblow the concrete in the A.M. and then again once the snow falls off the metal roof (in sheets) . Then I will put the runs back up in the afternoon. Winter is finally here.

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
We are suffering down here also. I got sunburned at last weekends hunt test. 8)

ake Worth, FL
Updated 1:53 p.m. ET Feb. 14, 2007
CURRENTLY WEDNESDAY
82º Partly Cloudy
Hi: 84º
Lo: 57º
Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy
FEELS LIKE: 83º
• Extended forecast
• Desktop weather
• Airport Conditions
All temps in Fahrenheit
WIND: W 17 MPH
HUMIDITY: 49%
• Provided by weather.com®

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'm located halfway between Rochester and Syracuse - we had about 8" on the ground - before last night. Woke up this AM to a fresh 15" and it's still coming down this afternoon. I'm told east of us got hit quite hard - good luck Chris your supposed to get the lions share of this one.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I'm about 20-30 minutes from Dave. I'm loving it! Dogs love it too lol. I kept saying I wanted three feet, I guess this will have to do.

Kourtney

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
sportsman said:
A few days ago they had 11+ feet in Redfield, NY, with a couple feet to be added on with this storm I believe. :shock: I read that they average 22 feet a year. I'm in lower NY..just a few inches of mixed precip. today. :D

I guess Al Gore will have to Cancel out on his movie tour. :wink:

·
Registered
423 Posts
snow

south shore of Lake Ontario just east of Rochester. We've gotten a few feet in the last couple of weeks. Talked to my duck hunting partner a couple of days ago who lives in Pulaski on Salmon River which is on the eastern end of the lake. He runs a sporting goods shop that caters to fishermen ans they have about 18-20 motel units. He and his son spent a day and a half shoveling snow . . . . and that was just the roof!

·
Registered
127 Posts
It has been a wild year for snow around here last night we got almost two feet but it was light and fluffy. But I am north of Buffalo and south of lake Ontario, the real action is in the snow belt where they get astronomical amounts of lake effect snow. They will have snow from this year that will last until the end of April. My summer property in Little valley has over 7' on the ground as of a week ago before the latest lake effect fired up. I won't make it back down there until April or May to clean up our trailer which is now only a snow covered bump in the landscape.
Glynn

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Wow! I am from Iowa so snow normally is not a big deal BUT you guys are really getting it!

What about flooding this spring?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Vicky, I haven't but my parent's house is literally 5 minutes from him, I've been meaning to swing by and see him anyways when I'm out there.

Kourtney

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Snowfall

I hope ya'll get dug out. Be careful, around 240,000 heart-attacks per year caused from scooping snow.

God Bless,

Richard

·
Banned
5,856 Posts
Ahhhh I remember it well.... :) I went through cross country skis like mad when we lived south of Buffalo. I would get out twice a day for an hour with the dogs. They loved it and I stayed mildly sane. :roll:

My daughter's been stranded in Pittsburgh at the airport for 2 days. She hopes to get out today and head for home here back in Austin. She visited friends in Erie this last weekend. She has a horrible rash due to the lousy weather.

My son called to wish me a Happy Valentines day yesterday. No school for him. Classes were called off due to the 2 feet of snow they got the night before and the 10 degree temps. He's 2 hours south of Buffalo.

There's a reason I don't live there anymore....... :wink:

Angie

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
kjrice said:
Call me insane, but I miss it.
Great! Come shovel my driveway! :wink:

M

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
OK that one cost me coffee out the nose.

Rice- you ain't right. :D :D

Sending this one to everyone I know regards

Bubba

1 - 20 of 32 Posts