RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
The oldest Boo pups on the ground are about 18-20 mos I think. He was bred just a few times prior to his NFC. I had a litter which is now 16 mos old. Of that litter 3 pups have run their first derby. I have one that is ready to run a derby but won't for another 2-3 mos (I just don't run many derbies). There is another 1-2 pups in FT training from that litter (7 of 8 I think). The pups are nice. I think the females all weigh 55-60# and the males 65-70#. None are vocal, and a general comment I hear from the owners or trainers is that they are good markers, quick learners, biddable, stylish pups.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. Looking at a future breeding. I hunt test instead of field trail but might consider it. Keep them coming.

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Hey David - which ones of the litter have run? Tango is doing pretty good...got to see him last weekend, we will probably not break him out until he is 20 months or so...

·
Registered
753 Posts
The oldest Boo pups on the ground are about 18-20 mos I think. He was bred just a few times prior to his NFC. I had a litter which is now 16 mos old. Of that litter 3 pups have run their first derby. I have one that is ready to run a derby but won't for another 2-3 mos (I just don't run many derbies). There is another 1-2 pups in FT training from that litter (7 of 8 I think). The pups are nice. I think the females all weigh 55-60# and the males 65-70#. None are vocal, and a general comment I hear from the owners or trainers is that they are good markers, quick learners, biddable, stylish pups.

Granddaddy, Mr. Blackwells pup from that litter is running his first the coming weekend at the cattle ranch...

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have a litter right now out of Boo, and can't wait to start training the one I am keeping! Boo is currently on injured reserve. He was walking about a month ago in the snow and got his rear hock caught down in the deep snow/ ice and had to have surgery. Can't remember the excact term, but so far his recovery is going great. Hardly any swelling in the area after the first cast was taken off and reset.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Here are pictures of a Boo pups. About 17 months. The 3 in this litter all have JH titles and the 2 females will run derby and Qual very soon. The females were in training for FT.

Weigh about 50 lbs, little gals with smarts and style! They really go!

Trained by Duckwater Retrievers, Videos and lots of pictures on that Facebook page.

Hope this helps sorry about the small pictures. Don't know how to do RTF pictures yet. Click to enlarge.;);) Ooops sorry one of the pictures with all 3 didn't upload. Sorry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts