RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

If it could happen would you like to see the UKC and the NFRA work together like the UKC does with H

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it probabally will never happen but for those that are competing in the HRC HT venues wouldn't it be cool to see a FT category recognized on the pedigree or more importantly run another "sanctioned" event

I've noticed that alot of HRC clubs are holding NAFRA test any way

BTW... don't fire up that darn bus this for disdussion only

·
Registered
49 Posts
I voted yes. I don't have a strong feeling either way but would like to see NAFRA associated with a registry, which UKC would provide. In the upper leavels of NAFRA it takes a quality well trained dog to earn a Master or open title. I think the titles would take on much more meaning if they could be added to a pedigree. I think that would help NAFRA grow the number of entries in their events. I'm only able to run so many events per year and I feel I need to (want to) put titles on my females that can show on their pedigrees. If something were put together with the UKC I would take more interest in running NAFRA tests. The founding club is only 1 hour from my front door. I've been to one of their test as a judge and liked the rules and format very much.

2blackdogs

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree and that is why I posted the poll, I have been really suprised at the number of no's as well.

I think it would help the UKC with registration#'s and might pull in some of the FT crowd in and help the NAFRA #'s as well.

·
Registered
813 Posts
NO

Every Groom can only be loyal to one Bride.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Richard I understand that but I can print a a pedigree on some fancy paper w/ fancy borders, point is they are only recognized by 1 organization and that is NAFRA

Peke no one said a UKC registered retriever "must" compete in NAFRA event just another venue where your accomplishments would be Nationaly recognized

Ken I guess the AKC is cheating on its FT wife since he has HT hidden on the other side

·
Registered
813 Posts
I think thereis a bigger difference in FT and HT then there is in NAFRA and HRC.

·
Registered
55 Posts
BIG DOG said:
Richard I understand that but I can print a a pedigree on some fancy paper w/ fancy borders, point is they are only recognized by 1 organization and that is NAFRA
Big Dog,

The NFRA recognizes the titles from other organizations. If you look at Chili?s NFRA pedigree you?ll see AKC qualified all-age included and NAHRA?s grand master hunting retriever title included. If he had a HRC title that would be included also.

The NFRA cannot control what other organizations recognize. It just made sense to us to recognize all the dog?s accomplishments.

RC

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I couldn't get the page open Richard

point is there are a couple of us in our club are interested in the NAFRA but are having a hard time selling the idea to other club members

I am asumng they are thinking we are talking about NAHRA

·
Registered
407 Posts
BIG DOG said:
Peake no one said a UKC registered retriever "must" compete in NAFRA event just another venue where your accomplishments would be Nationaly recognized
Good I didn't read/post "must" either. Again given UKC/HRC's origin it's the principle of not being associated with any venue competitive in nature even just under the same registry.
*jmho*
Peake
________
FREE FUCKTUBE

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Richard Cheatham said:
BIG DOG said:
Big Dog,

The NFRA recognizes the titles from other organizations. If you look at Chili’s NFRA pedigree you’ll see AKC qualified all-age included and NAHRA’s grand master hunting retriever title included. If he had a HRC title that would be included also.

The NFRA cannot control what other organizations recognize. It just made sense to us to recognize all the dog’s accomplishments.

I agree with Richard. It would be nice if more people listed with NFRA (myself included). They allow for ALL titles and you have the option of pictures too. I will have my dogs soon.

Chili is a perfect example of a dog (and handler) that loves competing. They are blind to the boundaries of any one organization and venue. They do well in ALL! Good luck at the WRC. Add another title to Chili's collection.

John

PS I couldn't get the link to work either

RC

·
Registered
932 Posts
You can go to the web site www.nfra.us and click under the registry tab on the left. This will show examples of our registry.

BIG DOG........there is no A in NFRA............ :wink:

Should ya be interested in starting a NFRA club in ARK we'll help get you guys off the ground and running in any way we can............

NFRA...................comin' to a town near you

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
BTW

Hats off to Joseph, Chris, and anyone else responsible for the NFRA.us website. It is the best event/organization website I have been to. Very user friendly. Even better than EE!

John

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Ken Newcomb said:
NO

Every Groom can only be loyal to one Bride.
Oh Oh! Who's going to break that little rule to live by to Shayne?!? :shock:

M

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
John Gassner said:
BTW

Hats off to Joseph, Chris, and anyone else responsible for the NFRA.us website. It is the best event/organization website I have been to. Very user friendly. Even better than EE!

John
I can take zero credit for that website!

Look at my homepage and you'll see my lack of skills when it comes to web design! :wink: www.retrievertraining.net

Chris

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Sorry Chris A for the confusion. I thought Chris Payne might have had something to do with it. Whoever set up RTF did an awsome job. Can't wait to see the "new"RTF!

John

1 - 20 of 73 Posts