1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
So you are not buying this? And don't pidgeons have to be high up off the ground?? A friend of mine has a barn for pidgeons and they roost up high and usually pair up. Her barn has cubicles high up and each pair sits in one.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So you are not buying this? And don't pidgeons have to be high up off the ground?? A friend of mine has a barn for pidgeons and they roost up high and usually pair up. Her barn has cubicles high up and each pair sits in one.
No, Im not buying it, but I might build one based on it. If they are given a choice and are free, pigeon will roost as high as they can, in barns they do roost and nest against beams up high, but in captivity they will roost and breed any where. As a kid I raised fancy purebred pigeons in quite confined spaces, using clemintine boxes as nests, this set up would be fine.

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
How do you get the pigeons out?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How do you get the pigeons out?
I dunno, I haven't built it yet, lol..... I guess when I saw it I thought it looked like a good idea, I guess if you built the lock in loft smaller and had roosts in there, it'd make it easier to grab them. I like the fold down doors in this coop, but obviously it'd had to be modified.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
I dunno, I haven't built it yet, lol..... ...
Getting the pigeons out is a key consideration and one that you’ll want to hammer out before you start construction.:p

There are other pics out there of pigeon coops. I built mine based on a pic I found on line. Just downsized it a bit.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Dip nets work well. :p

As to Eli M's o.p., you certainly can make a coop from barn and/or pallet boards for next to nothing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts