RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If a non-titled dog wins the National or National Amateur does it automatically become a FC or AFC even if it only has 7 points? Are points awarded towards their titles?

Thanks Curtiss

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
if the dog wins the National Open with an Amateur handler it is awarded the AFC title since its considered as 10 open points...so it would be NFC AFC

if the dog wins the National Amateur it would be NAFC but not an FC

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Bon

So if Chad would have run Grady at the National with 7 points and won Grady would have automatically become NFC AFC.

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
Also are past NAFC and NFC automatically called back or do they qualify each year.
the reigning NAFC is granted a spot in the National Open, and the reigning National Open winner is granted a spot in the following year's National Amateur IF that dog is handled by an Amateur, and obviously the defending champion is qualified for the next year's event

the Canadian National Amateur winner is usually granted a spot in our National Amateur, not sure if the Canadian National Open winner is exempt into the field also, or if our National Champs are exempt in Canada

·
Registered
107 Posts
National invitations are reciprocal across the border: The National Open/Am winner dogs in both countries qualify for both of the next Nat. Open/Ams across the border. (ie, the winner of this US Nat. Am will qualify for the canadian Nat. Am in July & the Canadian Nat Open in Sept. The winner of the Canadian Nat. Open in Sept. qualifies for this yr's US Nat Open & next yr's US Nat. AM).

BTW, I believe that a non-titled dog winning a Canadian National receives the appropriate title, ie becomes a FTCH or AFTCH, as well as the National title.

·
Registered
317 Posts
National invitations are reciprocal across the border: The National Open/Am winner dogs in both countries qualify for both of the next Nat. Open/Ams across the border. (ie, the winner of this US Nat. Am will qualify for the canadian Nat. Am in July & the Canadian Nat Open in Sept. The winner of the Canadian Nat. Open in Sept. qualifies for this yr's US Nat Open & next yr's US Nat. AM).

BTW, I believe that a non-titled dog winning a Canadian National receives the appropriate title, ie becomes a FTCH or AFTCH, as well as the National title.
Connie

Are you sure of this. ???

There are several listed on nrcc previous winners list that do not have Ftch or Aftch listed after corresponding national wins.

Most recently last years national winner for example. But as I said the are several on the site.

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
Connie

Are you sure of this. ???

There are several listed on nrcc previous winners list that do not have Ftch or Aftch listed after corresponding national wins.

Most recently last years national winner for example. But as I said the are several on the site.

the FTCH would be redundant if they are the CNFC, because Roy McFall won it with Pacer in '82, and the AFTCH (CAFC) was awarded since he was an Amateur handler

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, only the following year is automatic not for life. I thought Canadian titles were CFC or CAFC would take the place of Ftch or Aftch like the NAFC or NFC take place of AFC or FC when looking at titles.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
So what are the dogs that have CFC and CAFC in front of their names. Sorry for my lack of knowledge in this arena. Okay looked some more and basically we have Americanized it to CFC CAFC but CKC uses Aftch and Ftch with a N in front of it for national winners.

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
So what are the dogs that have CFC and CAFC in front of their names. Sorry for my lack of knowledge in this arena.
the proper designation is FTCH or AFTCH, but you know how the US likes to change things :rolleyes:

for example : its NAFC FC CNFTCH CAFTCH Piper's Pacer, but in most record books its listed as NAFC FC CNFC CAFC ...either way, no disrespect to the Canada titles was meant or inferred, still one heck of a feat to win either country's National championship

·
Registered
279 Posts
CONGRATS to Chad and Trav!!!! WOW! What a great accomplishment!!!!

And just FYI folks ...this is an another SEC NATIONAL CHAMPION! ;) Maybe his coaches live in WI part of the year, but remember they run down south too.

Lisa

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
If a non-titled dog wins the National or National Amateur does it automatically become a FC or AFC even if it only has 7 points? Are points awarded towards their titles?

Thanks Curtiss
With all due respect, if the first initial on your titled dog was an "N" would you really care if he/she had an FC-AFC behind it? I certainly would not.
If God came to me and said "son, I will give you one professional golf win, that's it. Which one would you like" My response would be, "sir, may I please be blessed with a green jacket to wear the rest of my life".
You win a national and you have travel to the mountian top of the FT dog world. All else would pale in comparison to that week of shear retriever enjoyment and fullfilment.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I understand the fact of the N. I was not sure if points were awarded for the National. I thought the possibility that a requirement of finishing out the other points finishing out the afc or fc before the N could be added. I know in HRC a dog that does not have 300 points is not a Grand Champion intil they reach 300 with 80 points from 2 grand passes. So, a dog like Jeff Huntington's is still needing some finished passes although he has his 2 Grand passes. Also, I would want the Green Jacket also and that was sort of where the question of qualifying came from. I believe a former Master's champion has an open invitation for life.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts