RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm looking to find a pro in the Huntsville area for a friend. The dog needs some basic work to include ff.

Ive been told there's a guy named Brandon Silvey that is good but I cannot contact him. Bad number and website. Any thoughts or recommendations?

The dog is young and only will be used for hunting, no FT training. Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could have sworn I had 10 posts, oh well.

The kid is young and didnt know what ff is. Not only does he need a pro for his dog he needs to get schooled too. I think the location of the trainers may be an issue. But I will take the contact info. Thanks for the input

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Tell him to e mail me a phone number and I will call him. Brandon Silvey is no longer doing retriever training. I believe he is a fireman now.
I know most of the reputable trainers in N. Alabama and will give him some contacts. Also an officer in N Al H.R.C. we have training groups monthly so he might want to get involved in a club too.
I don't train for the public at this time so no personal agenda.
[email protected]

MP

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
If that is the case then Thad may be too far. I'll send you his number along with Adam Campbells.
I could have sworn I had 10 posts, oh well.

The kid is young and didnt know what ff is. Not only does he need a pro for his dog he needs to get schooled too. I think the location of the trainers may be an issue. But I will take the contact info. Thanks for the input

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I think Mike Pierce of Pierce Retrievers is in North Georgia, about an hour east of Gadsden

·
Registered
516 Posts
Carter Hughes, Windrush Kennels (Scottsboro/Stevenson)
Kenneth Farris, Southwind Outfitters (Decatur/Somerville)
Jeremy Criscoe, Wild Wings Kennels (Arab/Uniom Grove)

·
Registered
516 Posts
Carter Hughes, Windrush Kennels (Scottsboro/Stevenson)
Kenneth Farris, Southwind Outfitters (Decatur/Somerville)
Jeremy Criscoe, Wild Wings Kennels (Arab/Uniom Grove)

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
wylee,
like allen said, there are some good pro's nearby to help.

also as mike said, come to one of our nahrc training days. we will be having one in june. you will see announcements for the date, time and locations on the dog training forum on the "alducks" website. the club has a great mix of pro, former pro and "talented amatuer" trainers.

wylee you may ask, "why do you think this nahrc club is so good and the people in it so talented?" the answer is that none of us really like each other very much! you see as a general rule, the more exceptional a dog person is at their craft the less they like other dog people who are also exceptional. using logic you can then establish our club is full of talented trainers. for some reason everbody still loves me, can't figure it out?;)

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
wylee,
also as mike said, come to one of our nahrc training days. we will be having one in june. you will see announcements for the date, time and locations on the dog training forum on the "alducks" website. the club has a great mix of pro, former pro and "talented amatuer" trainers.

wylee you may ask, "why do you think this nahrc club is so good and the people in it so talented?" the answer is that none of us really like each other very much! you see as a general rule, the more exceptional a dog person is at their craft the less they like other dog people who are also exceptional. using logic you can then establish our club is full of talented trainers. for some reason everbody still loves me, can't figure it out?;)
John, as soon as you start FF your own dogs, and then beat Allen in a trial (which might not be long with the talent you have coming up), then get a couple HRCH like Farris and Norton, then get the personality of me, then you will see the love go away.
MP

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Funny, I think I'm well liked as well.

Thanks for the invite but I don't think I can make your training days. I'll be in south Alabama for 3 months starting in June. I'll be doing what I can with my dog in the enterprise area. I know its really hot during this time but I have no other options.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you need someone to train with while you are in SE AL, PM me. I don't know if you are bringing equipment with you, but I have wingers, land, etc..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looking for possible trainer in north Al area. Start with be someone that could evaulate the dog and see if what direction we can go.
Thanks

·
Registered
952 Posts
Check out Jessie Sheppard, Tishamingo, MS.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts