RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
calling all lawn experts!!
Anybody know how to get rid of mushrooms growing in the lawn???

I've got a circle of mushrooms growing in my lawn. I believe its known as a "fairy ring" its about a 6 foot diameter circle/ring of mushrooms...

I've been told the only way to get rid of it is to completely dig it up. Not overly excited about digging a crater in my front yard. Hoping to find another fix that doesnt invlove digging...

·
Registered
58 Posts
There are fungicides that will help keep them in check, but I'm not sure what kind of regulations there are for homeowners in your state. Fairy ring can be tough to get rid of.

·
Registered
513 Posts

I've got a circle of mushrooms growing in my lawn. I believe its known as a "fairy ring" its about a 6 foot diameter circle/ring of mushrooms...

I've been told the only way to get rid of it is to completely dig it up. Not overly excited about digging a crater in my front yard. Hoping to find another fix that doesnt invlove digging...
Don't quote me on this, but I believe that I heard the pH of your soil has something to do with mushroom growth. You may have to lime your lawn. Check with your local nursery.

·
Registered
6,431 Posts
Why is it a concern?

·
Registered
382 Posts

Don't get a puppy then!

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
It's simple- yas just call up the local DEA and tell them that people been sneaking in nights planting and harvesting these mushrooms and the racket is keeping you up all night.

Thinking outside the box regards

Bubba

1 - 9 of 9 Posts