RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my first dog, i was young and new to training but she would be 100% on the choke chain (and later the e collar, didnt even need to be on) but when she knew i couldnt reach her she was more like 50-75%. question is, how will i prevent this on the next? Was there a clear deficiency in obedience? Should i be trying to create situations (open field with distractions) to work off the leash and challenge her obedience?
Interested in yalls input. I wish i had more resources, but making the best of what i have and remain creative.
side note, we hit the lake today and found our sea legs :)
Matt

·
Registered
390 Posts
From what I have seen (with my older and younger dog), Obedience was not as strong as you thought, when you think obedience is good, tighten up another notch, and make it the start and finish of everything you do. Most of all you have a dog, and they will do things at the most inoportune times, if you are away from the house, put the collar on, if you don't have to use it, great, but if you have a situation were you need it, and it is not available, what have you taught now?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts