RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The North Idaho Retriever AKC club added a O/H Qual and a derby on Friday to their normal Spring hunt test. Not having run a field trial before (but wanting to since I got first "well bred" pup, Ace) and not really having much opportunity to train at those distances too often, I figured it was the perfect time to pay my money and take my chances :)razz:) in the Qual on Friday and run Master on Sat/Sun. Ace ran a nice Qual to earn a Jam and had a beautiful Master for his 2nd pass. Daddy is very proud and Ace is taking a well deserved nap...

Ace qual jam master pass 2.jpg

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
The North Idaho Retriever AKC club added a O/H Qual and a derby on Friday to their normal Spring hunt test. Not having run a field trial before (but wanting to since I got first "well bred" pup, Ace) and not really having much opportunity to train at those distances too often, I figured it was the perfect time to pay my money and take my chances :)razz:) in the Qual on Friday and run Master on Sat/Sun. Ace ran a nice Qual to earn a Jam and had a beautiful Master for his 2nd pass. Daddy is very proud and Ace is taking a well deserved nap...

View attachment 7410
As you should be. When Ace wakes us, I believe a victory dance is in order along with a nice ordrve(sp) from you. Congrats.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Very nice job Rick. I was there for 4 days judging the derby and running jr and mh. Had a great time. Thank you to the NIRC for putting on a great weekend.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Very cool; nice job! Congratulations!

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
Good for you, Rick
Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Rick, Congratulations. In todays trials a green is earned and appreciated by many.Next time I hope you get a different color.Are you going to be running Scatter Creek or Tacoma?

Jeff

·
Registered
442 Posts
Awesome weekend! Congratulations.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Come on Lee, tell us how many of your young dogs passed.
Clayton

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Congratulations Rick and Ace...it was fun waiting to hear the results on FB with ya! I hope you can turn that green into a pretty color next time. Enjoy the thrill, it doesn't happen enough!

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Good Job Rick, I talked to a few others who went East for the weekend and had a real good time. Congrats!

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks all. After such a frustrating season last year, due mostly to me running a dog that wasn't ready, it sure felt good to come out our first weekend this year and have some success.

I would be remiss in not thanking Mike and Tiffany Taylor who did the basics on Ace when he was a pup and who have always welcomed us back to train, have gone out of their way to make time for us to join them for a training day on numerous occasions, and have spent a countless amount of time on the phone with advice and encouragement whenever I needed it.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Good job, Rick and Ace. Glad I got to see you run the last series and collect your ribbon!

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good job, Rick and Ace. Glad I got to see you run the last series and collect your ribbon!
Thank you Jean! It was good to see you again.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Congrads Rick. Now you're hooked.
You'll be wanting that blue ribbon + that Master title.
Congrads !
Sue

1 - 20 of 24 Posts