RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am more technically challenged than usual today and cannot locate any on EE.
How about some help for clubs and dates in July and August?
MP

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I think a bunch of clubs are opening up the qual to everyone in hopes of getting more entries.

Sooner is having a O/H qual during their FT and HT but that would make for a hell of a drive from bama....

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Ohio Valley is having an O/H Qual April 27th. But that is a long drive for you.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I have been to that HT/O/H Qual. Great time, they know what there doing up there. Worth the drive I think. Best Marshalling I have ever seen. Lots of dogs and things go smoothly. Party on Sat eve is very good as well. I can't make it this year but next year I will be there. I drove 8 hrs to get there and didn't think about it one bit. TOOOOOOOOOOOOO Much fun.;-)

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
There are several in Wisconsin in July. Look under the hunt tests

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ohio Valley is having an O/H Qual April 27th. But that is a long drive for you.
Had that one already but I have been asked to do a Tri Tronics seminar that weekend in Fla.
Really not all that bad from Bama. I am only 3 1/2 hours from Louisville.
MP

·
Registered
516 Posts
Gonna be tough to find an O/H Q in our area this fall, I'm afraid.

Middle TN usually does one with their fall test. Black Warrior is hosting the MN this fall; good chance they downsize their test. Magnolia has now started a field trial.

You will have Middle TN, Chattanooga, Northeast TN, Memphis, Montgomery, Mobile, Black Warrior, North AL, and Atlanta trials this fall. All within reasonable distance.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts

Middle TN usually does one with their fall test. Black Warrior is hosting the MN this fall; good chance they downsize their test. Magnolia has now started a field trial.

You will have Middle TN, Chattanooga, Northeast TN, Memphis, Montgomery, Mobile, Black Warrior, North AL, and Atlanta trials this fall. All within reasonable distance.
But most of these are not Owner/Handler qualifying stakes, rather open to anyone.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Problem with me and the fall is that I am in Canada from Sept 1 thru sometime first of Nov. depending on the weather.
Does not give much time for training and prep for a FT.
Don't mind a drive to middle mid west but not Minn or Montana.
MP

·
Registered
265 Posts
Mid tenn is OH. I wouldn't limit myself to OH. The last one I ran was loaded with good dogs. All the dogs that placed except one were already QAA

·
Registered
516 Posts
Should have clarified that I wasn't just listing O/H stakes.

And I agree with Bill; I wouldn't limit to O/H.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts