RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,

After a season of Pheasant hunting with a few ducks (coots) thrown in, Peyton and I are going to give the hunt test game another try. I just signed up for the Sagehen's test in Los Banos on 03/10/12.

Last year we were 0-3 in Juniors, mostly due to my lack of experience in knowing what to train for. This year though, Peyton did great on marking birds during hunts and we have worked more on the test type situations :rolleyes:

Now to get some pigeons tomorrow to get working on some delivery and marking stuff.

I still think it's funny that we have yet to pass a test, but I have guys at work who hunt over labs and chessies, who rave about Peyton and what they have seen her do. One guy brags more about her then I do...:D

Oh well, either way I have a 55 lbs. heating blanket keeping me warm on the couch every night, and I wouldn't trade her for any other dog no matter how many abbreviations they have in front of or after their names. ;)

Mark

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
way to go, never give up. It is nice to go home with a ribbon after the hunt test is over but from my experience I found it is really the company that I test with that make the weekend, other people that love watching their dogs work and people giving eachother advice on how to correct certain behaviors their dog is exhibiting or just cheering each other on and complimenting everyone on their hard work and success. good luck and remember keep it fun for you and the dog and you both will do fine - I found the more nervous I get at the line the worse the dog behaves - they can sense it be confident

1 - 2 of 2 Posts