Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gundog/Hunting?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Field Trial? Hunt Test? Gun/hunting dog? I'm interested to see what percentage are field trialers vs. hunt test vs. basic gundog training.

Many answers to forum topics appear to have a bias towards FT or HT depending upon the poster's orientation. Hopefully, this poll will give us some insight into the makeup of the RTF population.

·
Registered
220 Posts
You forgot a mixed category. We have 1 HT dog, one hunting only dog, and 2 aiming for FT's. So I didn't answer the poll cause I don't want to skew the results.
Tina

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KJB said:
You forgot a mixed category. We have 1 HT dog, one hunting only dog, and 2 aiming for FT's. So I didn't answer the poll cause I don't want to skew the results.
Tina
And of course, I can't edit the poll to add mixed now. bummer. I guess in your case, 50% is FT so that would be your "main" purpose? :)

Scott

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I voted HT.

But the real reason I train is because I enjoy it.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
I am with Kevin. I enjoy it. If I never ran another test or hunted another day I would still train dogs.

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
1 dog is hunting and HTs.
1 dog is going to be hunting and FTs.

Hunting over HT/FTs during hunting season otherwise its what ever works into the schedule!

FOM

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
txgolfer45 said:
AmiableLabs, I grew up on Evanston, Illinois. not far from Wheaton!
Hi Scott.

JusticeDog here on RTF lives on the northside of Chicago, walking distance from Evanston.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Badbullgator said:
If I never ran another test or hunted another day I would still train dogs.
Exactly.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Lisa Van Loo said:
Where is the "for fun" option?
I was going to also say "for fun" but I figured people would give me grief, so I just said because I "enjoy it."

·
Registered
174 Posts
I train my dogs for hunting and hunt test but the first reason is for hunting and the 2 ishunt test to keep them in shape for the next season. So I didn't vote.

·
Registered
301 Posts
For all the HOT retriever WOMEN!!!
I have got to get to the TX circut, as it is obviously different than the SC/NC/VA. :shock:

·
Registered
2,112 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
I voted for hunting, because that is the main reason that I wanted a dog. However alot of the training that I do is for hunt tests, because it keeps me shooting for new goals in training and keeps my dog in great shape.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts