RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
My young dog Boo is now an issue in my household! This morning I delivered her to a trainer and left her there for awhile. Now my better half is at the point of putting me 6 feet under. This is a dog that she wouldn't acknowledge for 3 weeks now she's grown attached to her. The best I can do is buy her an 18 pack of Corona and pretend I'm very deft. How do you guys deal with this problem?

Registered
Buy her her own dog 馃槂 Christmas is around the corner!

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't told her that another one will be here in the spring time. I guess I live on the edge.

Registered
"How do you guys deal with this problem?"

It depends on what program you are using....and your skill sets. Diversions can be risky if they are blatantly obvious. Flowers will put you on the offensive. At my age, I have learned that calmly weathering the storm is usually very effective. Or you could use a diversion. Tell her she is being childish and the dog issue will become the least of your problems. :giggle:

note: If your wife reads this, remind her that ''this guy" is 80 years old and most likely becoming senile. :sneaky:

Registered
Another dog not intended for FTs to stay home, and even to hunt with since fall is both hunting season and the NRC.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
For the suggestion of force breaking my wife , that would be very tricky if I wanted to ever wake up the next day.
When I picked out my wife she had plenty of bottom for me , and have gotten a good feel over the years. And the flowers didn't work!

Registered
It's wise to just add one dog at a time. I started with the one and when I stopped I was up to 6. Once you get to about 4, your wife will not be able to keep them still long enough for her to be able count them. Once that point is reached, no further worries.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts