RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So since the recall has shown several different companies foods being made at the same place, does that mean that they are shoving the same **** in a can and putting different labels on it...then charging different prices?

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
achiro said:
So since the recall has shown several different companies foods being made at the same place, does that mean that they are shoving the same **** in a can and putting different labels on it...then charging different prices?
Sort of but not quite.

From what I have been told, what you have is a manufacturing company that contracts out their facilities to the feed companies. The feed company usually specifies the ingredients and the recipe and then sends a representative to act as a supervisor on site.

This is EXTREMELY common with all sorts of consumer goods. Baked bread, clothing, auto parts, and on and on. That is why there is so much advocacy for generic products. In some cases it is the same item with an unknown name.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I have been wondering the same thing! I am beginning to wonder if the people who do the raw diet are doing something right. I am ordering chickens for eggs. Humm, i could buy some roosters, and butcher them for the dogs. What about the people who pay a small fortune for vension in their dog foods?? Years ago people would say you are crazy for feeding the dogs "deer meat". Geesh, golden gays, dinner is outside right now. I think about twelve does in the yard.. who want "deer meat" for supper?? I know many a farmer who give the dogs/ and cats a beaver carcass or two for supper. I wouldnt go that far! But maybe you get my point, maria

·
Registered
844 Posts
My uncle ran a clothing plant that made polo shirts - some went to Izod, some went to LL Bean, and some went to JC Penney.

·
Registered
7,766 Posts
The best companies procure their own vendors for ingredients in their rrecipe and outsource the run.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ErinsEdge said:
The best companies procure their own vendors for ingredients in their rrecipe and outsource the run.
So how are so many different brands tainted if they aren't using the same stuff?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts