RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Opinions on box launchers?

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  GulfCoast 
#1 ·
I am looking to upgrade on box launchers for my pointing dogs, but I also need to look at getting some retriever capable equipment. I am wondering if the gunners up, or Zinger upland might get me started and be able to "swing" both ways for a while. ;) Has anyone used the box launchers from any company that they liked well or didn't like and why?

#2 ·
I use exclusively zinger winger box launchers. IMO they give the closest throw to a hand thrown object. They are well built and relatively compact. I use my for both my labs and my setter. They work awesome for simulated flushes with live or dead birds for the pointers and throwing marks for retrievers. IMO they are the best units for a person training alone to ft as the big wingers give a bigger than hand thrown mark. I know a couch dogs that trained with wingers and had difficulty transitioning to hand thrown marks. A couple weeks training with the boxes and all was good after.

#3 ·
I own the zinger uplander, I use tritronics for the remote.
It is great, small in the truck. Will toss anything, bumpers, dead or live birds. Your training buds lunch:D
Use for upland flush as well as field marks next to a stick man.
And yes, very very much like a hand tossed duck.
Bangs a .209 primer when you want a bang.
great product, I recomend!

#4 ·
Although I personally have a GU box laucher that does a great job, I wish it had more adjustabilty in it like the Zinger Box does. The legs on the Zinger telescope out for a better angle on the throws.

#5 · (Edited)
I dont care for Box launchers for the pointing dogs ,BUT I do like the Higgins releases, the Top just opens up and is silent, and if the bird is pressured it flys,,,,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.