RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]OTCh Broad Reach Diesel UDX2 TD MH***[/FONT][FONT=comic sans ms, sans-serif]7/30/1998 - 7/5/2012[/FONT]
[FONT=comic sans ms, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=comic sans ms, sans-serif]We said good bye to Diesel this morning just a few weeks shy of his 14th birthday. He left this world chewing on a mouthful of food while Jodi and I whispered sweet-nothings in his ears.[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=comic sans ms, sans-serif]I only get one chance to do this, so bear with me as I tell you a bit about my boy.[/FONT]

[FONT=comic sans ms, sans-serif]Diesel was bred by Martha Lee Voshell and was the pick puppy from a breeding of FC AFC Chena River Chavez and FC Broad Reach Pebble MH. He was a very sweet dog, high drive but sensitive, and had a high desire to please me. He trusted me completely and did everything I ever asked him to do. [/FONT]

[FONT=comic sans ms, sans-serif]Diesel had two separate and distinct careers.[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=comic sans ms, sans-serif]In the first 5 years of his life, Diesel's training focused solely on obedience (and a bit of tracking). Diesel was an outstanding competition obedience dog earning over 630 OTCh points. He was "high in trial" 19 times and 'high combined" 14 times and had several perfect scores of 200.[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=comic sans ms, sans-serif]He won the Novice division of the Gaines Classic in 2000, as well as the Utility Division of the All Star Tournament in 2002. He made it to the quarter-finals at the National Obedience Invitational.[/FONT]

After retiring from obedience, he picked up his first duck at the age of 5 . He was a big, fast, powerful dog and the two of us learned about field work together. He quickly earned his MH and won a Qualifiying Stake to become QAA.

[FONT=comic sans ms, sans-serif]Unfortunately, he had to be retired shortly thereafter at the age of 8 due to a carpal injury. Later, he developed laryngeal paralysis, and had unilateral tieback surgery which gave him a good quality of life. He also developed congestive heart failure, but did pretty well for over two years, thanks to the medications prescribed by his wonderful cardiologist at the N.C. State Vet School in Raleigh, NC. [/FONT]

[FONT=comic sans ms, sans-serif]We spent countless hours side by side, we traveled the country, we met people from all walks of life together and made many friends along the way. He was a joy to life with, the smartest dog I've ever known, and a wonderful ambassador for his breed.[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=comic sans ms, sans-serif]He was my buddy and slept in our bed (or maybe he allowed us to sleep in his bed). His loss leaves a huge hole in our hearts and in our home.[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=comic sans ms, sans-serif]Goodbye "Diesel Schmeezel", old "Fella Wella", we will love you and miss you forever.

DIesel Ribbons 039.jpg [/FONT]

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
Jeff,

I'm very sorry that you had to say goodbye to Diesel.

While I've never met you, I've read your postings for years and I'm well aware of the time, energy, and focus that you've put on your dogs and their health and well-being. I'm confident that Diesel is a very lucky dog that he had you. And it is obvious from your writings above, that you were lucky to have Diesel in your life.

Chris

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
What a wonderful tribute, to a wonderful dog. How fortunate you both were to have had each other.They teach us so much, if we are willing to learn..
Sleep well, old Fella Wella, good dog, good boy
Charlotte

·
Registered
882 Posts
Wow! I'm sorry. I have had several dogs during my life and it's so hard to say goodbye. Look up a poem called the rainbow bridge. He's waiting for you.
Rest well diesel, you were a good boy.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Jeff,

I'm so sorry to hear you've lost the big guy. I remember the first time I saw you with him years ago. You were warming up just before going into the ring at the Salisbury MD Kennel Club trial. What a performance! I couldn't take my eyes of you two! I watched the two of you any time we were entered in the same trials.

Six years ago, we crossed paths again. This time at Cheltenham where you and Charlie helped me with my five month old Labrador.

You and Jody were blessed with a wonderful, perhaps once in a lifetime dog. Diesel was so very special.

Take care.

Laurie

·
Administrator
3,871 Posts
Jeff,
I understand how your heart is breaking right now. I know how much you and Jodi loved Diesel and how he loved you in return. He will ALWAYS be with you in your heart.

I can only imagine the reunion when Martha Lee met Diesel at the Rainbow Bridge!!

So sorry for your loss,
Vicky

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
So sorry to hear this Jeff. It seems that a great dog like that deserved an equally great owner. What a life together.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
So sorry for your loss, Jeff, what a great journey you had together. May your memories bring you comfort in time. Rest well, Diesel.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
What a wonderful story and great tribute to Diesel. Can't imagine! Sorry for your loss. Thinking of you!!!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Very sorry for your loss

·
Registered
423 Posts
Jeff:
I am very sorry for your loss and the void in your heart. It appears to me that you and Diesel were a wonderful team and had many glorious days together and you have the many great memories that you will cherish forever. Rest in Peace Diesel.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I am so very sorry for your loss. Run free sweet boy.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts