RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope you guys are doing all right near Otisco and Vevay. We're about to get hit in Louisville. My family is thinking of you and your families.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Prayers for all in that entire area. It's been a heck of a week for you all!! Stay safe.....

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks for the thoughts Matt. We got really lucky and the EF4 missed us by about 2 miles. My barn has some 6 inch hail dings. My good friend a few doors down had 8 punch through on his house. Just finished helping him patch that. Now the big wait will be on power. Might have a freezer full of training ducks to liquidate. :( All in all we were blessed. But as alway's there are some that were not.

BTW. I can't speak for Otey but Steve and Jane Earick are well.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm glad to hear you're family is ok. That tornado seemed like it was on the ground for quite a while. We really lucked out and things seemed to split around us.

I'd forgotten about the Earicks'. Glad to hear they made it through safely. Another friend of mine had a tornado that crossed the Ohio River near Warsaw (pretty close to Otey and the Earicks') KY pass about the same distance as yours. I'd never heard of so many tornadoes on the ground in an 30-40 mile area as there were when we were down in the basement.

Hope you don't lose all the ducks, but a rather minor issue, all things considered.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Thanks for asking Matt. It was very hairy for a while. I saw a funnel out my front door and then went into hunker down mode..LOL. I called Steve Earick and have not heard back from him yet....Was a very scary day but Thank God we are ok.....

·
Registered
245 Posts
Glad you guys are OK!!!! Prayers sent for those who weren't as fortunate!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey Clayton,

Glad to hear everyone is alright!!! The storms hit Illinois, weakened over us, then regrouped and hit you guys HARD. Take care and talk to ya soon.

Scott

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Glad to hear you folks are okay. That was a rough ride. Stay safe!!!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Glad you guys are OK! It got scary Friday even as far south as the Cattle Ranch in Demopolis.

·
Registered
592 Posts
It really was some weather that rolled through 4 inches of rain an lighting
I am so grateful for the great person that loaned me his muck boots
Otherwise I would have had mud up to my ankles all weekend
And some really wet tennis shoes
It sucks to fly to judge and can't bring what you need
David Jansma

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
didn't realize it at the time but this is a early pic of the one I saw out my front door.....whew me and the wife were blessed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm glad to hear you're family is ok. That tornado seemed like it was on the ground for quite a while. We really lucked out and things seemed to split around us.

I'd forgotten about the Earicks'. Glad to hear they made it through safely. Another friend of mine had a tornado that crossed the Ohio River near Warsaw (pretty close to Otey and the Earicks') KY pass about the same distance as yours. I'd never heard of so many tornadoes on the ground in an 30-40 mile area as there were when we were down in the basement.

Hope you don't lose all the ducks, but a rather minor issue, all things considered.
Hi Matt!! Didn't see it was you that posted this the first time I read the thread. Glad to see you and yours were OK too!!

Scott

·
Registered
137 Posts
Otey I was thinking about ya, talked to Steve during the storm, we were both in the basement at the same time I think ? We later laughed about getting all the dogs down there.
Laurie and I were suppose to head to Ky. that Fri. to look at property, Sarah got sick, and the storms were forecasted, so we opted for another weekend. Hope their done for a few years, were trying to buy a farm in Ky. seems be the next Kansas !

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Good grief.

If,I have not enough to worry about.

After years of drought in the land Downunder, my home state of Victoria is experiencing floods, and perhaps...worse of all...duck opening mid March!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Scott,

Nice to hear from you. We really lucked out. The line split as it went through Louisville.

I'm not sure if I'm going to enter B at Tri-State. We could probably get through Seasoned, but I'm trying to actually enter her where she would be underwhelmed. Regardless, we'll be up there to watch.

Send me a PM and let me know how the FT work is coming. We drove right past your training grounds in Boonville a month or so ago.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey Matt,

I'll try to look you up. I'm not the H.T. Secretary this time (first in about 4 years) so I'll be able to get out and about and actually see some tests for a change!!! I'll be there in the morning then head home for a while, then come back for a while...and so on. I'm expecting a litter to hit the ground around Tuesday the 20th so my wife and I will take turns keeping an eye one them that weekend.
http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?t=81549
Due to the litter we'll have to wait until the fall to do any trials. I'd like to run her in the Qual this fall but this year is my wife's year to do her dog things (I floated a trail balloon mentioning that and it was quickly popped). It's tough having two differing interests and having to choose on or the other, so we agreed one year is my hunt tests/field trials, the other is her German Shepherd confirmation shows. A little light at the end of the tunnel is that my wife's keeping a little yellow girl (I'm keeping a black girl) and she plans to train and run her!!! :cool: She's also downsizing her side of the kennel to free up more time and money for her "new" girl!!! ;) Slowly but surely I'm dragging her over to the dark side!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts