RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Gina said:
This is from an animal rights site. http://network.bestfriends.org/legalanimal/news/8821.html

What I want to know is would this prevent pigeons from being used for dog training? When we can't get chukars and pheasants we always start the young dogs on Pigeons on upland training days.

8 (q) Definitions.--As used in this section, the following
9 words and phrases shall have the meanings given to them in this
10 subsection:
11 * * *
12 "Live pigeon shoot." An event involving the release of birds
13 from the family Columbidae as targets for the purpose of
14 shooting with a firearm.
15 * * *
16 Section 2. This act shall take effect in 60 days.

I think that we fall outside that definition.

john

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes but we release birds from traps and shoot them so young dogs can learn sit to flush. (A lot of us do upland too)

·
Registered
103 Posts
pigeon shoot

Pigeon shoots that I've been to went like this. Man throws many pigeons from tall tower, men on ground take careful aim and wolla pigeons shot. This is nothing like dog training. But you can bet the animal activist will be up in the air about this to given enough time. :?

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Sounds like these folks are trying to prevent any more pigeon shoots at Higgins. I wonder if we could have shoots where we throw AR nazis out of the towers instead.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I do think they are just trying to prevent pigeons shoots like in Higgins. Geesh, i think the people in PA are going alittle crazy. They soon like be after hunting and trapping.. and they right to bear arms. No one will get my handgun, or else.lol. maria

1 - 6 of 6 Posts