RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Out doing some fishing, came across this paw print, what is it???? BTW I wear size 11.5 shoes!!!!!

Dances with wolves regards,

Aaron

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
wolf prints leave two nail marks in soft soil in front of the two middle pads. Notta wolf.

Probably a Chessie...

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is in the middle of no where......my 95lb lab's feet aren't that big....maybe a huge coyote???

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
I think we can rule out Dorothy and Toto..

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
El Chupacabra

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
all prints look bigger in wet mud/soil. The outline of your shoe after being depressed in the same place at the same time would be much larger.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Out doing some fishing, came across this paw print, what is it???? BTW I wear size 11.5 shoes!!!!!

Dances with wolves regards,

Aaron

First off you have big feet:p

Average Coyote print would be about 1 1/2' wide and 2 1/2' long and a bit more round.

Average Grey Wolf would be about 3 1/2' wide and 4 1/2' long.

Based on the photo, I would say wolf because of the size and shape.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Based on the photo, I would say wolf because of the size and shape.
Aaron has repeatedly told us "there are no pheasants in Kansas". I will venture a guess that there is not a wolf within 1000 miles of Natoma KS either.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
just like how the WI DNR denied wolves in WI for years. Now we have a season on them.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Aaron has repeatedly told us "there are no pheasants in Kansas". I will venture a guess that there is not a wolf within 1000 miles of Natoma KS either.
That's the funny thing, rumor is Fish and Game boys released 3 wolves in the area this spring. Several have sworn to see them!!! I have had couple very reliable sources tell me they have seen them as well. We live in an atypical part of Kansas, not very flat, lot of rolling hills, ravines where animals could hide. Made me sort of shutter seeing the print.

Don't wanna be Dancing with Wolves regards,

Aaron

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
That's the funny thing, rumor is Fish and Game boys released 3 wolves in the area this spring. Several have sworn to see them!!! I have had couple very reliable sources tell me they have seen them as well. We live in an atypical part of Kansas, not very flat, lot of rolling hills, ravines where animals could hide. Made me sort of shutter seeing the print.

Don't wanna be Dancing with Wolves regards,

Aaron
wonder what type they released, hope its not the Canadian Grey...and if its two females and one male, even worse...they will do to the Kansas whitetail population what they did to the Montana elk herd..How close are you to the Colorado border ?

Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation member concerned

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
German Shepard.

Or Wolf Hound,,

Or Red Bone.

MICHAELBAKER

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I've seen labs with bigger feet than that.

·
Registered
15,660 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Looks like bigfoot!!
Dave Hare

1 - 20 of 27 Posts