RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Pedigree Opinion wanted Lab

4K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  Purpledawg 
#1 ·
Pedigree guru's please give me your honest opinion of what you think you might get with a Female pup with this breeding:

Goal is quality Chocolate dog.

Sire: Pirate

Dam: Is a MNH out of "Running With The Devil" ex "High Tech CEO" bitch.

There are some very knowledgeable breeders on here and I would like some thoughts from those in the know.

Please try to keep it on track. As some of you know I have been looking for a FT prospect. This is not exactly what I was looking for but it is so close I'm thinking about settling for it.

Pup will have all health clearances and guarantees.

Thanking you in advance..... Randy

#2 ·
A year ago had a friend breed a Cuda Female to a High Tech CEO male (No Chocolate) The pups are nice, calm with go go go. Fearless, had them retrieving 100+yr big water marks @ 10-12 weeks of age, they brought it back as a group, even got them over a dike. I've never seen such water friendly pups,Had to fish them out of the water at the end of the day, because they refused to get out. Very Smart, muscular (Front and Back) with a good head (65-70lb) I liked the breeding.

#3 ·
Im no pedigree guru by any means but i just so happen to have a black choc. Factored 8 week old male out of pirate and the bitch is a high tech ceo X rascals chocolate pie. No complaints hear def. Part fish and fears nothing and i havent found cover thick enough to stop him.

#4 ·
You didn't say how you define quality.

IMO this breeding should result in some nice pups. I wouldn't hold that some will be brown against them.

#7 ·
Thank you Howard,, I'll take that as a veiled compliment:)

Quality IMO= Genetically sound, Enough natural marking ability to make the derby list, Enough brains and bottom end to be AA competitors....... Good looking would be a plus :D

Even if it is a less than desirable color............ Sarcastic, peanut font.

A few of the ladies and others have expressed very solid opinion of some of these FT dogs and their characteristics. I would like to here what they think.

ie: Need some Comso?? Some Cuda?? Lean Mac??

#6 ·
Dont want to take anything away from the thread. Since we are talking 75% similar on blood lines thought the op would like to know just got back from a little water action he did two 10 to 15 yard water marks and wanted more. Then proceeded to cary the bumper 300 yards back to the truck without droping it even during some pee breaks. I could not be happier.

#8 · (Edited)
What's not to like about this litter (except color :) ) ? You have one of the better producing living sires and Maxx in the bottom side with Boss and Harley thrown in. I would think this should produce tractable with a lot of go.
IMHO

#10 ·
I just got a Pirate pup with a different dam but High Tech CEO was grandsire on dams side. He is only 8 wks and a few days but I like everything about him.

#11 ·
Trained with a male and female out of the litter I mentioned last evening, they are doing solid doubles and handling (like to work with the handler but handler needs to be quick). Sit pretty good on the line, no noise, get very big and tall when the marks go off and you better watch out when you let them go, did a burn-out on my buddy's foot. Should you be wearing flip-flop when you train dogs? ;)

Pirate, the pups I've been around are talented, but I think the dam, will be the deciding factor in the Pirate breedings. I haven't seen a Chocolate one yet. (but I prefer chocolate out of a black parent ;)) I do I think High Tech CEO-(MAC and McBunn) brings lot of Go juice, and intelligence to the table, which is well balanced with the tractable factor of the Cuda line. Devil-Cosmo might kick that in to high gear. Looks good on paper, but if I was looking I'd like to know a little more of the character of the dam.

#16 ·
I know you asked for breeders, and I don't think you've heard from any yet- sorry that I'm not. I saw that litter advertised as well, and it is interesting. If this breeding is not everything you want, you should consider waiting a while. Every once in a while, a chocolate breeding will come up that looks outstanding. If you can wait, it's probably best to do so.

However....the dam is MNH accourding to the ad (I would confirm this title). Her sire, Devil, sired 4 of the dogs in the 2011 national open, if I recall correctly. I would LOVE to have a dog by him. Her pedigree looks pretty good, to me.

Pirate, of course, is a strong competitor, and his full siblings are strong as well. He is a high point open dog, and he and his full sister Angel are both national-level competitors. His sire, Fargo, also had four offspring in last year's Open, as I recall. I would LOVE to have a choc-factored dog by him as well!!!

So now the question is, will the two lines come together nicely? That's where you need the opinions of experience breeders. I'd say that even if they didn't turn out to be national champions, they will be very nice hunting and hunting dogs.

#18 ·
So now the question is, will the two lines come together nicely? That's where you need the opinions of experience breeders. I'd say that even if they didn't turn out to be national champions, they will be very nice hunting and hunting dogs.
Donald you are exactly right How will these lines work together?? IMO it's fairly easy to get a good gun dog. I'm looking for a serious competitor.

I've talked to the trainer of the dam, researched the breeder and her operation, checked all health clearances everything seems o.k.

Since nobody has had anything negative about this breeding I guess I'm mailing a deposit.

Like anything else in life.... Pay your dollar and take your swing.

Randy

#19 ·
From seeing who the sire and dam are by and out of I think this will be a nice breeding . The chocolates are making a comeback from being just bred for color only. I prefer Black or yellows myself but would take a chance on having my mind changed by a choco pup out of this litter. :):)

#20 ·
sounds like a nice pedigree have enough other stuff to tame the powerful influences of Cosmo, through a strong dose of Lean Mac, and the biddable training attitude of Cuda. Keep us posted!

owner of a Pirate daughter
and a Cosmo grandson

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.