RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any comments on this collar :petSafe Sport Dog Pro Hunter 2400 Dog Trainer

It is being sold by Cabelas and looks like it has plenty of features at about the half price of a compariable collar.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have no experience with them. Wonder why it's cheaper???? Maybe they know what it's worth.

You can't beat TriTronics premium performance and service at discounted prices.

C

·
0 Posts
Go to Cabella's web page, they are giving some info and electronic collars

D

·
0 Posts
I had a 2-mile petsafe collar that I used for 2 years. In that time I had it
replaced about 8 times. It works well while working but is not durable. The collar leaked, the electronic pins broke, the transmitter malfunctioned on many occasions, etc. The only thing positive about the collar is the life-time warranty. My suggestion is save and buy a tritronics.

·
Registered
323 Posts
OK guys, I put my hands on one this weekend....was impressed. This is not a POS and they showed me some prototypes as well. I am looking forward to trying them out in the future.

Cray

·
Registered
323 Posts
OK, UPS dropped one of these babies off at my door yesterday. I will train with it for several days and tell you what I think. I am tellin' you now, it is built pretty nicely and is solid, fits in my hand as well if not better than a TT transmitter and is "Hot" so don't think that the levels correspond with the TT levels. The only difference between the 2400 and the TT pro 500 that I see off hand is that the Sportdog only has 2 sublevels of Momentary per level while TT has 3. Continuous they have 3 sublevels per level just like TT. It has 10 levels vs TT 6.

Cray

·
Registered
323 Posts
I am impressed. It is a quality piece of equipment and it has lower and higher settings than the TT. More fine tuning.

I love the way it fits my hand (Size and shape), I like the position of the tone button (don't use it much, but might with it this easy to get to).

The ones I see in Cabelas use a 9V battery in the transmitter, must be old tech because mine is totally rechargeable. It is a good piece of equipment at a great price.

Cray

C

·
0 Posts
Cray
Keep me posted on your review of the Sport Dog 2400. I am in the market for a E-collar and I am considering this collar due to price, warrenty, range etc. I get my BLM home from the trainers in a couple of months and will need a collar at that time,

Thanks
Ralph

C

·
0 Posts
Has anyone else used the Pet Safe Sport Dog Collar? The Trainer that has my dog is using them and says they have been holding up well for him.

Ralph

·
Registered
323 Posts
cmoore said:
Cray
Keep me posted on your review of the Sport Dog 2400. I am in the market for a E-collar and I am considering this collar due to price, warrenty, range etc. I get my BLM home from the trainers in a couple of months and will need a collar at that time,

Thanks
Ralph

I will keep you posted Ralph. I like the collar, it has held up well to being dropped a few times. The only test left is the longevity test and only time will tell ;)

Cray

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cray - Where are they available with the rechargeable transmitter and receiver? - Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
174 Posts
LIFETIME WARRANTY

I encourage anyone interested in sportdog to research the warranty details. After 1 year you need to pay a "handling fee" to have the collar repaired AND/OR pay a "hanling fee" to have the transmiter repaired.

Not saying the product is good or bad, but I feel the "lifetime warranty" is a tad misleading.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Re: LIFETIME WARRANTY

Normal said:
I encourage anyone interested in sportdog to research the warranty details. After 1 year you need to pay a "handling fee" to have the collar repaired AND/OR pay a "hanling fee" to have the transmiter repaired.

Not saying the product is good or bad, but I feel the "lifetime warranty" is a tad misleading.
http://www.sportdog.net/

Warranty and guarantee are 2 different things.
http://www.sportdog.net/afterthesale.html

"All SportDog and PetSafe Products have a lifetime warranty on parts, and a one year warranty on labor. This warranty does not cover misuse or batteries."

·
Registered
255 Posts
Petsafe 2400

Cray,

Now that it is nearly February, do you have any additional comments on the 2400?

Dan

·
Registered
323 Posts
Dan,

I have been in contact with the guys at Sportdog and sent them a list of my likes and dislikes. They took that and recommendations from other trainers and actually changed a few things. For Example, I and others told them that the buttons felt sticky. That they didn't want to pop out...some even reported that the sticky buttons didn't release the stimulation (not the case with mine) So, they changed the buttons, putting stiffer springs in them and now they don't stick. I have recently received and upgraded 2400 and a 1200 and can tell you that I love them. They are up and coming and so economical. I like them so much that if you see me this Spring, I'll be wearing a Sportdog Hat and shirts.

Cray

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
I bought one. Have had it not quite a week. All I'm going to say is that it doesn't look cheap and it works. I haven't done much with it so I don't want to say much. The buttons didn't stick though. If it's as advertised it's a good buy. I'll know more in a month. I did want to say that it balances nice in my hand.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Cray: If possible, could you let us know if there is any way to tell if a SD collar has the upgraded modifications (ex. button/spring issue)?

Howard: Please keep us updated with your opinions.

Thanks for your time.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts