RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I received the sad news today that Phil Berger long time Professional retriever trainer and owner of Del Tone Kennels, St. Cloud, MN. for 29 years passed away at his home in St. Cloud
April 11, 2012.

When I talk to his brother Tom, I will provide information about Phil's life and his contributions to the retriever field trial pastime.

William D. Connor

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Thanks for sharing and give his family our condolences

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
the Del Tone Colvin line is the cornerstone of many fine lines and the contributions to the sport by Mr. Berger and his family....Roy McFall often told me the story of how he originally was going to breed to NFC Cork of Oakwood but opted for NFC Del Tone Colvin, which produced Stormy of Alaska and started the Hiwood line for Mr McFall..

Tony Berger used to run the TX circuit back in the early 70's when he came down from Minn...

Quite a bit of history from that family....our condolences to the entire Berger family

http://www.theretrievernews.com/Library/HallofFameDogs/Del-ToneColvin93

·
Registered
31 Posts
"MAY GOD BE GOOD TO HIM" Phil trained my first Lab 1985 told me I should run her in the AKC hunt tests that she was good enough when I breed my Female to Candlewoods Captain Kid I did a trade with Phil and what a Pro he trained my Females son and what a retriever he turned out to be. My condolences to his Family also:(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts