RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Climate wise, how restrictive is training in Arizona - Phoenix?
A job may bring me there.
Greg

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Cant do anything in the summer.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Get in touch with the Copper-state HRC, or WAGD They train year round, in the summer they head into the mountains, where it's cooler.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Greg Phoenix is a hard city to train in 1 because how large it is 2 because of how HOT it gets in the summer. From corner to corner phoenix is about 100 miles across. We do have lots of city parks some with ponds for fishing but as far as setting up for a HT or FT practice it doesnt really work well just the thaught of a gun shot blank and the neighbors start calling 911. Phoenix does have a leash law 6foot max. As far as the heat, plan on not training anywhere near phoenix from about the end of april begining of may all the way through september it is just too hot to run a dog for more than 5-10 min. April through september plan on a 2-3 hour drive north to the mountains 6000-9000 foot elivation will be 20-30 deg cooler and a lot more small lakes and open fields to train on without people crying about it. I hope this info helps coming from a person who has lived in and around phoenix all my life.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts