RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter (sweet little 4 year old pot of golden goodness, nothing like me) has officially began piano lessons. According the the man teaching said daughter, if she is going to be moving forward we will need to purcahse her a keyboard. Now, here is the topic up for discussion.....

What is a good brand of key board? Is used an option or should I stay in the new family? How much am I going to be investing into this key board (keep in mind she is just starting out, so a starter to intermediate level key board would be best)? Since my son has been playing guitar for two years and has in the past six months acquired an eletric guitar with an amp and my second child of three will be playing the piano, should I seek shelter from this in the garage or will I be fine?

·
Registered
15,660 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
.... should I seek shelter from this in the garage or will I be fine?
First of all, it's awesome your kids are musically motivated. Second, assuming the beer fridge is already in the garage, it's time to open up one of the bays into the man cave....

46" flatscreen with DirecTV in the garage regards,

·
Registered
263 Posts
Try to find a good used Yamaha P22 regular piano. It should set you back about 2K and a hundred bucks a year for maint. Cheap keyboards are worse than nothing and good electrics are about the same money as a used P22 which feels and sounds better.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Look around and find a used electronic piano. An older model that works will do...don't need a lot of bells and whistles. The reason for this over a cheap keyboard? The key strike on the cheap keyboards is the same on all keys, making it harder to feel and play. The electronic pianos have a "feel" to the keys like a real piano, and it is important. Ask your daughter's instructor, too. (music major here ;) )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts