RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Two pups to pick from, the crystal ball shows the careers below. Which pup do you pick?

• Pup FC: AA career consists of 250 AA points, never makes it out of the 3 series in a nat'l.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
I didn't vote 'cause I want'em both. But knowing what they'll do takes some of the fun out of it doesn't it?

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Howard N said:
I didn't vote 'cause I want'em both. But knowing what they'll do takes the fun some of the fun out of it doesn't it?
There's always gotta be ONE in every crowd huh? Howard just pick a damn dog! HAHAHAHAHA

The only thing you KNOW is pup NFC will win his first national. But trial for trial, you never know what is gonna happen, except that pup FC will be in the colors much more often.

Shayne

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I also picked the FC

Assuming I wanted to run FT, I expect, having a consistent performer would be more fun than winning the ?Big Dance.?

I did make an additional assumption in my pick: I assumed that out of that 250 points there were a couple of handfuls of wins there. I didn?t assume 500 4th place finishes.

If there were no wins in this hypothetical scenario, I would take the NFC in a heartbeat.

Joe Miano

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
subroc said:
I also picked the FC

Assuming I wanted to run FT, I expect, having a consistent performer would be more fun than winning the “Big Dance.”

I did make an additional assumption in my pick: I assumed that out of that 250 points there were a couple of handfuls of wins there. I didn’t assume 500 4th place finishes.

If there were no wins in this hypothetical scenario, I would take the NFC in a heartbeat.

Joe Miano
Yeah... i'd say it's fair to assume there are a LOT of wins in there.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Given all things being equal, i.e. # of starts, I picked the 250 pt. FC as there would be a lot more fun on a week to week basis with this dog than the One week of Super Glory.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
OK, the second one is a male, what sex is the 1st one?

What color are they?

·
Registered
813 Posts
As long as we are making assumptions.

I assumed that the first dog only ran FT for 1yr earning all his points and the National Win in that year.

He was Yellow BTW.

Since that was also my first year of FT I ended with the perception that FTs were way to easy and settled into a life of traveling the world hunting waterfowl.

Of course I offered him for breeding to all my good friends on the RTF Forum.

How does that work for crystal balls and assumptions?

·
Registered
17,012 Posts
dogs

I picked the NFC. It is the pinnacle title in all retrieverdom! There are a bunch of 250 pt dogs and most can't remember their names. An NFC lives forever!

·
Registered
849 Posts
I picked pup #1 'cuz he is gonna' win the next national toooooo

tom

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
I picked the FC. And, he's going to get a new handler for the national, because the other one chokes up!

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yall are making me mad. Why can't you say i picked this one "cuz...." or this one "cuz....." Fleas and yellow and new handler and @#$%@#$%#%# :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: HAHAHA

Shayne

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Well I pick the MOB "cuz" Lisadee gonna make me feel like I won a Nat'l!!!!!

Jerry

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
:D I picked the NFC as he is probably a young dog and stands a chance of winning several more NFC's and several trials and could surpass the 250 point also ran.

P

·
0 Posts
I picked the NFC. Stud fees might offset the price of training. Or I could sell him and concentrate on my Peakes!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I picked #2, because it's all about the jouney ( :pukie: )

OK, got the PC crap out of the way. But seriously, dog #1 sounds like he was a puppy flyer, grew up into a so-so performer. Which means training him probably sucks, too. 50% of trialing is 90% training, and I'd rather spend 90% of my time training a consistently good dog, who also will put on a good show on the weekends more times than not.

Unless...

Dog #1 is a male Chessie, in which case SIGN ME UP!!!

Then I can put him out to stud and pay for dog #2's longer career...

Lisa - where there's a will, there's a way

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sundown49 said:
:D I picked the NFC as he is probably a young dog and stands a chance of winning several more NFC's and several trials and could surpass the 250 point also ran.
Your not very good at this... :twisted:
The dog will NOT win another nat'l and will only aquire 20 AA points it's entire career.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Do you guys think the NFC will draw more stud fees than the 250pt FC?

I, for one, and much more impressed with the 250pt dog.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts