RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 1983 Sally Ride was the first American woman to orbit the earth. She was aboard the shuttle the Challenger, our 7th flight in the program.

For those who remember... Ride Sally ride !

Helen

·
Registered
244 Posts
She was a great lady who was a hero for many young women to enter in science fields!! I was there for the later flights STS-26 and up. I was on the ground crew in Sunnyvale. I worked many of those programs I can't talk about for Lockmart. It was a great time in American History. Yes she will be forever remembered as the First Lady of NASA!!!

Denise Atkinson

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has been said that we need more heroes for our children. Back in the early 1980s, Sally Ride was definitely a hero for young girls and young women then. Today's generation needs more brave, intelligent women like Sally Ride.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
It has been said that we need more heroes for our children. Back in the early 1980s, Sally Ride was definitely a hero for young girls and young women then. Today's generation needs more brave, intelligent women like Sally Ride.
Whats really great is the fact that she was gay and no one let that get in the way of her being a role model to young children. Maybe we are making progress after all.

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
Whats really great is the fact that she was gay and no one let that get in the way of her being a role model to young children. Maybe we are making progress after all.
I believe she was married until after she left NASA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts