• Red Setter

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

Swampdog is wondering if he should change his handle. He's not sure if his current screen name accurately depicts his breed of choice.

Please tell us what breed you think Swampdog's hunting canine is:

Thanks!

P.S. A case of cold malt beverage is riding on this....mmmmm....can't wait to cash in on my 24 12 ouncers from my NJ buddy!

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I stand corrected Peake.

His RTF handle is indeed:

"Swampdawg"

Shayne, I'm guessing it is one of the KWHRC folks that picked the red setter. Rick's got a hot little R.S. sired by the National Field Champion.

Sorry about that S.D. - hey S.D. did you cast your vote yet?

It's Friday!

Chris

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Chris Atkinson said:
I stand corrected Peake.

His RTF handle is indeed:

"Swampdawg"

Shayne, I'm guessing it is one of the KWHRC folks that picked the red setter. Rick's got a hot little R.S. sired by the National Field Champion.

Sorry about that S.D. - hey S.D. did you cast your vote yet?

It's Friday!

Chris
SD could always change his name to MarshMop?

Rick has a red setter? What's he gonna do with a red setter? He's got the macho browndawg Brock, the Bladedawg , and the choco bitch... um, dang i can't remember the choco's name, starts with a B and is kinda a boy name... um, Bra--- sumthin.

I'm leaving for the weekend, the name will come to me 5 minutes from my driveway.

Shayne - Didn't mean to call Rick a goober, but if he picked Red Setter... then he's a goober... but in a good way. :D hehe

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump.....

I guess Swampdawg and I should have established the length of the poll before the winner is determined.

I'll share the story after I win my case.......

Please click a button and go with your initial gut-feel. Don't overanalyze and second guess your vote (remember the coaching you got for your SAT's? - No #2 pencil required here)

Jerry, did they have SAT's back when.....oh, never mind. :twisted:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Is there a pic we are supposed to go by or just his name????

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Did we have SAT's back when???

Yeah, we did and I'm proud to say that out of my gigantic graduating class of 13 people, 6 (including yours truly) set records. Of those six, I'm aware of 15 college degrees, might be a couple more that I don't know about. Little ol town of Grandfalls in W. Texas. "THE CLASS WITH CLASS".

After the 1980 National in New Mexico, a "caravan" of three cars went through my hometown, back to Houston. As we were passing through, Martha (Laughlin) Russell asked on the CB if I graduated in 1961. When I responded positively, she said, "I knew it!!! I saw it painted on that building!!!!!!" We didn't have a lot to do, but we had fun.

Sex education was taught on the Band Bus returning from Van Horn, Marfa, Rankin, Wink, by the older girls. I guess they knew we would be dating their younger sisters and wanted us to get it right.

Thank you Sandra Townsend, I appreciate what you taught me!!!!!!!! And to Millie Eudaly goes a special thanks for teachin me how to dance. Frandora Coleman taught me not to take a big ol bite out of a chicken pot pie right out of the oven. That hurt!!!

I could go on and on for several years, that was in Jr Hi.

Jerry

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I have to admit, I'm surprised!

I really thought that a higher percentage of folks would have picked one breed in particular. I'm losing this bet - thanks mostly to the people picking Red Setter.

C'mon, please vote, if you haven't and honestly pick the one that you think matches his screen name! Please?

Chris

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Oh!?!?!? This was a real test???????

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Chris - Is this a trick question? I've heard goldens referred to as swampcollies but not just swampdogs. I did vote but it just seemed too easy - that's why I think it's got to be a trick question.

Andy

Not even going to mention the "nickname" the training group I once belonged to gave to tollers!!!

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NO Trick to it.

I'm just wondering what most folks would choose as Swampdawg's breed of choice. What breed does his handle automatically make you assume is his breed. That's all....

The bet's about over anyhow.....he won!

Chris

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
If he won, what is the breed?

Jerry-thinking Len been hanging out with too many bad guys in his job.

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK,

I lost the bet. Here's the skinny....for the longest time, I thought he had a Golden. He was surprised that I thought that. He has a lab.

I told him that not only I, but most of the board would agree that his dog is a Golden, no doubt. I just automatically thought "Golden" for someone called "Swampdawg".

Of course, I told him that 80% of the folks would agree if I did a poll. I was off.....as of this time, it's 65% saying Golden.

So, Swampdawg, what was it that you said you Rutgers guys like again? Nattielight was it? :lol:

You win Brother Swampdawg....the beer's on me! Umm....you ARE 21 aren't you?

·
Registered
47 Posts

Just to clarify. Obvious differences between your typical bird finding/pointing 'Red Setter' and the more common and well known Irish Setter :oops:

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rick,

My dad's pointing dog buddy "expert" is still whispering in his ear, the superiority of the white dogs to the Red Setters. I had to point out that the sire of your little bitch has kicked many a white-dawgs' @$s...er um TAIL!

I think he's stuck in the mindset of the lower picture.

I'll try to reach you live this AM.

Chris

·
Registered
407 Posts
"Big Red" Lives!!! (Anyone ever read that Red Setter book by Jim Kjelgard?) Rick is that "Breeze" on top by chance or her family members?
Peake <- 1st "Sporting Dog" - Irish *gulp* Setter (Well sortah "Sporting" so said the Show judge :lol: )
________
VAPOR AIR ONE

1 - 20 of 20 Posts