RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are interested in what things you would like to see on this forum. What improvements can be made? What would make it work easier for you?

We have already made about a dozen modifications to enhance the board, but I'm interested in what you think...please feel free to post any comments or suggestions about the board here.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I would like to see user rankings under the users name like on other forums. Ex: Don, Boss, Capo, Earner....

Also, please limit posting ability to those who always agree with me. Each new person should have 1 shot before blocking their ability to post. If they disagree once, they get whacked :2gunfire:

Don Vito

·
Registered
91 Posts
How about a browse feature for posting photos?

Oh yeah, one other ... don't accept mafia-related suggestions from non-wops. :roll:

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
HAHAHA... i was wondering when you where gonna pop in.

I like the idea of a browse feature too... except we would all be uploading files to webspace that Chris is paying for.

You don't have be eye-tallion to be in the mob.

Shayne - Member of the South Dallas Mafia dawg trainin group. I'll scan and post a picture of our logo.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hahaha...

Actually something like the browse photos would be more of a non-forum item probably...something for the site, but wouldn't be as "discussional". More like a gallery...and I don't know if that's something Chris would want to do or not...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, I see...

If that's the case, it can eat some serious resources in a hurry...but we could look at it with some limits set...

·
0 Posts
Category suggestions

What makes the old forum so good is that I can look real quick and see the beginner, moderate and advanced training discussions. This means that EVERYONE who is looking at the posts has the opportunity to fire off a quick reply which is the strength of the old forum - straightforward training advice to those who have lots of questions.

Also more a question on forum organization/categorization than a suggestion, is how the current subject index can mirror the former straightforward look As an example the new layout works well with a particular area - classifieds; but I've found on other forums similar to this new one that main discussion areas become a free for all with jokes, politics, member bashing etc... With your old forum that was substantially limited. Also, I think limiting emoticons and other non-substantive message indicators is a good idea as it again focuses on the training issue and not on the message form. Kinda like I prefer plain text email b/c I don't need fancy backgrounds when all I want to do is get the message.

Anyway just my $.02.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What makes the old forum so good is that I can look real quick and see the beginner, moderate and advanced training discussions. This means that EVERYONE who is looking at the posts has the opportunity to fire off a quick reply which is the strength of the old forum - straightforward training advice to those who have lots of questions.
I'm not sure what you are saying in the first paragraph...

Also, I think limiting emoticons and other non-substantive message indicators is a good idea as it again focuses on the training issue and not on the message form. Kinda like I prefer plain text email b/c I don't need fancy backgrounds when all I want to do is get the message.
As far as Emoticons and such, that's being debated right now. :)

Also more a question on forum organization/categorization than a suggestion, is how the current subject index can mirror the former straightforward look As an example the new layout works well with a particular area - classifieds; but I've found on other forums similar to this new one that main discussion areas become a free for all with jokes, politics, member bashing etc... With your old forum that was substantially limited.
As far as categorizing, it was decided that with everything as specific as it is, there shouldn't be too many seperate categories...if some are needed in the future they will be added. I personally agree with you, and like things broken down. Something like a "BSing" section would be nice, especially when I'm digging for good training discussion, but with some folks, the BS doesn't stop! :lol:

Thanks for your reply!

·
Banned
1,467 Posts
How about

How about a "Brags & Wags" forum - where people could post about cool accomplishments (tests, titles, hunts etc) of their dawgs.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Re: How about

Doc E said:
How about a "Brags & Wags" forum - where people could post about cool accomplishments (tests, titles, hunts etc) of their dawgs.
:roll: Or how bout "Tales and Tails"... :lol:

Shayne - Mood is gradually getting better.

·
Registered
8 Posts
terminology and definitions

Would it be possible to have a page of terms, and theirs abbreviations and definitions, somewhere on site? I am less than a novice and get confused with terms such as "cold blinds" etc. Any help sure would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
130 Posts
Re: terminology and definitions

rocke said:
Would it be possible to have a page of terms, and theirs abbreviations and definitions, somewhere on site? I am less than a novice and get confused with terms such as "cold blinds" etc. Any help sure would be appreciated. Thanks
Rocke!!! contact us. Central KY Hunting Retriever Assoc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ashes, if your initials are DB, i know who you are. Big Bumper had my dog from mid-nov to mid-dec. he gonna see her again soon too. If those aren't your initials, lemme know. if they are, i am already on your email list, using same name........ PS... nice looking dawg ya got there

·
Registered
130 Posts
ya got it right! ya gonna let him train her more? you need a real trainer!! LOL Our club application is up on the website now. hope to see ya at a tower shoot soon.
derek :snipersmile:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts