RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody breeding pointing labs with litters that have both MH and GMPR potential??

I see lots of the pointing lab breeders with dogs with both SH and GMPR titles, but not many GMPR wih a MH

Not looking for a debate on the pointing labs, just A few leads on breeders.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I know of a bunch of FC /AFC's (some with MH, HRCH, and other titles) that throw pointing pups with the ability to reach GMPR's.

Otherwise, check out www.iowapointinglabs.com for their stud dogs, Bruce Mountains chocolates, Torg's have a really nice fox red stud with both titles.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Our first TyRoux Litter has produced GMPR Roux's Golden Diamond in the Rough MH/QAA "Teka". Tyra, Teka's mom also had her GMPR/MH title. Teka just had a litter and I think there might be one male pup left, although not sure. Brad Lhotak of Golden Oak Kennels/ www.goldenoakkennels.com who owns Teka said that he thinks Teka is the only choco girl with these three titles. She's quite the upland dog....very staunch point.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I have a dog that is GRHRCH MH with 2 MN plates and is QAA. He has a very solid point and gets bred a lot. If you are into pointing labs and know Dale from Hunters Rose he can speak to Ely"s point. Ely"s info can be found at www.kingseedkennels.com

·
Registered
1,272 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Well I'll throw it out there. My dog is a 4XGMPR, HRCH, and has some passes towards MH and I hope to complete it by the end of the year. He's being bred later this fall to one of Dale's females. Contact Dale with Hunters Rose Kennel.

I also know of a yellow male lab that Dale raised and trained that has 4GMPR, HRCH, MH, and QAA. Contact him and he'll give you the info.

Another dog is a chocolate male 4GMPR, HRCH, MH. The owner (Bruce Smiley) isn't on here so you'll have to PM me if you want his info.

Looks like Matt beat me to Bruce's dog.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
My dog can point his food bowl and he's out of a GMPR !!!!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Our first TyRoux Litter has produced GMPR Roux's Golden Diamond in the Rough MH/QAA "Teka". Tyra, Teka's mom also had her GMPR/MH title. Teka just had a litter and I think there might be one male pup left, although not sure. Brad Lhotak of Golden Oak Kennels/ www.goldenoakkennels.com who owns Teka said that he thinks Teka is the only choco girl with these three titles. She's quite the upland dog....very staunch point.

Awesome pic

·
Registered
7,268 Posts

Brad also bred his yellow female 4x GMPR TDK's Little Ann's Makin Dust MH. She was bred to my ****, Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash. **** is qualified all-age, awesome marking dog. I think there might be one male left but I'm not positive. I took a male for the stud fee and plan to get it started and then give him to someone who will train him for field trials, if he looks good that is... I never encouraged or cared about pointing but **** does point pheasant. All I care about is that he can mark, really well. Here is the pedigree:

http://www.gooddoginfo.com/gdc/asp/viewpedigree.asp?DogNo=104028

I believe there is one male left at 9 wks, but I'm not positive.

Good luck...

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Tiger Mountain Pointing labs ( www.pointinglabs.com ) has a Grady son (out of a Bubba daughter) that is a 4xGMPR, QAA (at 2 yrs old) and is just a pass or two short of his MH. Taz is his name and he is one hell of a dog playing either the retriever or pointing games. And he's still just 3 yrs old.

Heres a link to Taz' page http://www.pointinglabs.com/studs/79

·
Registered
234 Posts
Carolyn Elam has VERY NICE pups on the ground right now from pointing labs that are MH and have passed the grand ... PM me fore her contact info.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I can vouch for Tims Ely, One of the best points I have seen, can vouch for Cruz, can vouch for Rooster (who was Dales main dog from Hunters Rose Kennel and) recently sold to Linda At Torgs, Carolyn surely has nice dogs too, Taz from Tiger Mountain is a good one also... I have actually upland hunted with most of them mentioned, mostly preserve stuff, and have trained with and seen them get their titles, nice dogs all. I would mention only one thing, they gotta find them to point them and on preserve bird or planted birds at a test, any experienced dog should be able to find them. If you plan on hunting mostly wild birds you might look for dogs that have proven it on wild birds...(Rooster, Cruz etc. )
Size for upland could be a consideration also, smaller and lighter will hold up longer and hunt more efficiently for the most part.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
I got a pointin' Chesapeake.....it's $500 more than the other ones...

High tail, very stylish point. Should throw some real pointin' competitors...

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Here's another Chessie on point, she's got sum other titles so, she's gonna cost another $750...

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
If you plan on hunting wild birds make sure you look for dogs that have proven it on wild birds...(Rooster, Cruz etc. )
Size for upland should be a consideration also, smaller and lighter will hold up longer and hunt more efficiently for the most part.

We don't do NO huntin on real birds here in South Dakota. That'll rune a good pointen dog reeeel quick.... :shock: Specially them field trail pointen dooogs.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
We don't do NO huntin on real birds here in South Dakota. That'll rune a good pointen dog reeeel quick.... :shock: Specially them field trail pointen dooogs.
dang it....better take the pointin' chessie off the list then....damn wild SoDak roosters couldn't outsmart her..

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Thanks for the input folks!

Hoping to possibly find some breedings, that consistently have pointing pups with lots of hunting/hunt test potential.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts