RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Does your Lab have Certified Pointeing Labs in its bloodline?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wanting to know how many people out there have a Lab with a Certified Pointing Labs in its bloodline?

·
Registered
35 Posts
A WHAT? :lol: :lol:

Sorry, none here.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
If a Lab points in the uplands and no one is around to see, is it actually pointing? :lol:

I have two pointing Labs with Grand Master Pointing Retriever titles in their bloodlines plus Master Hunter and Finished titles, too. What's the point? :wink:

G

·
2 of the 3 Labs I own have pointing lines...but were breed for it... I just bought a Choc Female that goes to JazzTime and Rascal which both Pointed and have Sired CP Labs...

It too bad that some of the Pointing Lab Breeders Don't Get Finished Tittles on their dogs, their is lots of GMPR with SH tittles but no MH tittles... and lots of breeders think that all a Bitch dog needs is CP and maybe a JH tittle... How hard is that to get :roll:

Jake

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Idahofowlweather said:
It too bad that some of the Pointing Lab Breeders Don't Get Finished Tittles on their dogs, their is lots of GMPR with SH tittles but no MH tittles... and lots of breeders think that all a Bitch dog needs is CP and maybe a JH tittle... How hard is that to get :roll:
Probably market-driven. If they can have waiting lists for pups without getting titles on the bitches beyond CP, then why bother?

Lisa

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
KwickLabs said:
Lisa, not all think that way........see signature. 8)
No, and hopefully the tide will change, just as it did for FT Labs.

Used to was, you didn't need nuttin' on a bitch, she could just stay home comfortably and be a "brood bitch". Then a few people got the bright idea to start seriously campaigning bitches. Then *somebody* got the bright idea to make a bitch the all-time top derby dog and win various and sundry National Championships.

Now we know girls can play, too, and it is very difficult to sell pups from a bitch that is "just a brood", or even with a SH or MH title. People have come to expect QAA or better on the dams of their future FT hopefuls.

I imagine this pendulum will swing for the PL as well. It shows good versatility, which is the whole point (no pun intended) behind a PL in the first place. Point upland AND have a good cold water retriever with the same dog.

Lisa

G

·
Pl Labs Started Out with both APLA and AKC tittles and then it seemed breeders figured it out that they could sell pups to a great Sire and an Okay Bitch... I sure hope things will change like they have for FLushing Labs... I like PL to hunt upland with but I want that dog I can Water Fowl with and run in H.T. the the Spring and Summer when the season is cloesed...

G

·
My girl Tess is a Certified Pointing Lab with the APLA. She will be running for more advanced titles this summer.

Colin

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Hey Lisa don't we have pointing chessie's. They point right up our a_ s.
Get a Pointer, Irish Setter etc. if you want a pointing dog.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Do you mean dogs in the pedigree who point, or only dogs who have a pointing title?

·
Registered
17,222 Posts
Went out in my backyard last night and my BLF was standing (pointing) an opossum.

Does that count?

·
Registered
280 Posts
How many FC or AFC's have been certified pointing labs?
I have guided for over 500 hunts the last 8 years and have an FC and I am die hard field trialer - recently FC was laid off 6 months then 3 weeks of training and got a reserve JAM in Tenn in the open with 82 entries- now he hunted 50 days with an average hunt of 20 birds this year plus numerous sex encounters

I guess i am prejudiced against all of the "speciality" labradors

Been doing this since 1965 and you aren't going to change me

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Hey I have a pointing Chessie too. He has pointed at squirrels.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
trog said:
he hunted 50 days with an average hunt of 20 birds this year plus numerous sex encounters
now that sounds like a job I could aspire to for my post professional life 8)

G

·
moscowitz said:
Hey Lisa don't we have pointing chessie's. They point right up our a_ s.
Get a Pointer, Irish Setter etc. if you want a pointing dog.
I grew up with F.T. English Setters and some of the PL out class them... but too each his own, you like to clean oil off your hand after you pat your dog on the head and need the 2x4 to train, great for you I think that I will stick with Labs that Point, Flush, Water Fowl, S and R, Bomb sniff, drug dogs, oh yeah and look good at doing it... and they come the three colors not that ugly river bottom brown! When was the last time a cessie has ever won a National Retriever Championship? And it seems that Labs rule the games... must be something with the 2x4 training!!! :wink:

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
When was the last time you saw a dual champion in a lab and you people are talking about pointing labs.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
moscowitz said:
When was the last time you saw a dual champion in a lab and you people are talking about pointing labs.
I don't think we will have Dual Champion Labs again until they split the breed and move the show Labs to the Non-Sporting Group. :twisted: :shock: :oops: :lol:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts