• Under the Arch of a Mark

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Land/Water/Land/Water etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
My bet is that in almost every water blind or water mark setup there is some sort of point involved. If not, you need better water. hehe

Shayne

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Blind concepts:

1. Poison bird; While this requires maintenance, it hasn?t been a heavy maintenance issue for any of my dogs because they get a thorough course in it as a standard diversion issue when going through transition. I use focus drills for all standard diversion concepts. We run at least one each week of varying presentation.
2. Channel blind; Among the most basic of blinds, it should require almost no maintenance as a focus issue once a dog is post transition (to a fully trained status). The rules of channel blinds are very well defined.
3. Rolling terrain; More of an issue with some than others, like several of these are. For most dogs this is a lifetime maintenance issue, but can be a very big one depending on where you run most.
4. Shoreline blind; Much like channel blinds; these are basic and clearly defined per se. Routine maintenance.
5. Over/past point; Big maintenance issue for most dogs, in my experience. Add distance and more open water and this one becomes as big as it gets!
6. Under the arc of a mark; Again, a basic diversion concept that should be part of routine maintenance, but is part of the education received during transition.
7. Land/water?Re-entry blinds; Another basic concept that is expanded on over routine advancement. It should require routine maintenance, but not normally a big issue for most.

I have no doubt that others will have opinions that vary from this. I?m only speaking for myself in this observation.

Evan

·
Registered
932 Posts
Dawgs that can't handle the elements always lose.

Rolling, changing terrains, always pose the most difficulty for dawgs!

The proper placement of marks, where the elements of the terrain WILL effect the decisions that the dawg must overcome, take the biggest toll, versus the tipical trained attitudes for points, channels, arc's and re-entries.

Add wind direction, sun, shadows, depth perception, ditches, cover changes,etc. and the results are overwhelming!

Proper use of the terrain, always challenges the dawg!

TRAIN the TERRAIN!!!!!!

·
Registered
849 Posts
I agree with Polock on land, and Shayne on water. How do I punch two buttons Dave.

tom

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Polock said:
Rolling, changing terrains, always pose the most difficulty for dawgs!
I can train terrain changes 300 days a year and cover changes better than 200 days a year. I can't train get off the point into the water at 300 yards more than 100 days a year. Guess which my dogs are better at?

I bet what is harder will depend on the individual dog, but get out, get in have been the hardest for my dogs.

Here's to ya........ :drinking:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts