RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

HT and FT judges, how many assignments do you commit to annually?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 3-4

• 5-6

• More than 6

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anthony Heath just raised an interesting point on another thread. One club, three qualified judges as members, trading assignments in order to get judges for their test.

If a club holds two trials a year, and each trial requires eight judges, that means a club would have to have sixteen assignments to trade in order to fill their club's billot. If each judge would commit to (only) two assigments each a year, then a club would be required to have EIGHT qualified judges to trade assignments!

Now no one needs to tell me that it doesn't entirely work that way. :roll: I know that. But it is worth thinking about.

This poll is for both HT and FT judges. How many judging assignments do you commit to every year?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hey Kevin,

My post may not have been clear. My meaning was that there are 3 of us on the Judge Acquisition Committee. In agreeing to judge for another club it is nice if they extend you the courtesy of doing the same. I think ultimately most do this, but it is easier to get a confirmation if you ask them within the same conversation.

My answer to your poll is no more than 2 by the way.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I try to limit it to two - one in the fall and one in the spring.
Always works out to be more because I am such a nice guy and a sucker for a grown man crying on the phone.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
The past couple of years I've been doing about 4 or 5, but for some reason this year I'm slated for 7.

Usually it's 3 or 4 HRC, along with a couple AKC. But I couldn't turn down the chance to go to New York and meet Dan's group of fine specimens in the judging ranks. :wink:

I'm looking forward to that Shaynster Seminar on NFRA's finer points. Hehhehhehheh :lol: Plus bending an elbow or two. :roll:

UB...also looking forward to meeting some of the RTF Nor'Easters.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I feel that two is plenty plus I feel I should volunteer to do a minor for neighboring club every year. Something I
feel fairly strong about considering
how much bitching goes on about inexperienced derby/Q judges.
Also it's a good way to instill your philosophy on a mind full of judging mush so that when they are the big guy/gal with the book we don't have a topic on RTF saying how stupid they are or at least have a good reason for how stupid they are.
Jan

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
This year I'm judging 4 and chairing one.Too much. next year I might take off from judging and run my dogs.And chair the one test. we only get to run 4 tests this year. Ideally I'd like to judge one test a year.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
redline said:
I feel that two is plenty plus I feel I should volunteer to do a minor for neighboring club every year.
Plus our group also puts on four trials a year. :?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts