RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

How many HTs and/or FTs will you be attending in 2004?

• 1-2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-5

• 6-9

• 10-12

• 13-15

• 16-20

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like most of you, I have been perusing my calendar. I figure it would be VERY easy for me to hit 17 HTs this year. If I ran FTs, it would be VERY easy to do 20!

To be frank, I am kind of astonished. I thought most serious amateur trialers/testers only do 10-12.

That begs the question --

How many tests and/or trials will you be running in 2004?

·
Registered
6,388 Posts
If my work schedule permits, I will run 10-15 FT

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ted Shih said:
If my work schedule permits, I will run 10-15 FT
Including at least one National, right Ted? :wink: :p

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Me? I have an MH to complete, and I will attend as many HTs as it requires. Hopefully I can get it done before Summer, and then try my luck at Qs in FTs this Fall.

I know that Jack is never going to let me forget about it, but it appears I will not be going south to train with him (Junbe) and Wayne Curtis this Winter. The MH is within grasp, and I want to complete that before starting FTs. I'll train with them next Winter. :?

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
Oregon only hosts 8 or 9 HTs and the same amount of FT's each year and pretty much quit after August so it makes it a bit tough unless you really want to travel out of state. Some of those are the same dates at different ends of the state as well, so that makes it tough. Wish there were more later in the year....

/Paul

·
Banned
3,787 Posts
Paul,

Try driving to WA!! lol

I counted 32 dog events (this was about 2 years ago) within 5 hours driving distance from Portland.

I will likely run about 10 events this year.

WRL

·
Registered
942 Posts
I'd like to get between 15 - 18 starts this year. 4 - 6 HT's in the Spring and the remainder getting a good dose of reality! (hehehe...I kill me!!!)

Regards,

Joe S.

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
I can only go to the Treasure Coast hunt test because the others fall on field trial weekends. I think Kate needs one more pass to get her master title and Hooker needs 2 more passes for her master title.

I go to about 3 field trials, 1 DQ in the Feb through May and about 3 field trials in the fall. Being in South Florida, it is a long drive (4 to 7 hours) drive to any field trial I attend.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WRL said:
I counted 32 dog events (this was about 2 years ago) within 5 hours driving distance from Portland.
That is kinda how it is like here, and prompted this thread. Seventeen HTs and twenty FTs within approximately six hours of driving!

But the real shocker is Agility trials. My God, you can do over forty (two a weekend) of those a year here without having to spend a night in a hotel! It is ridiculous how popular that sport is here. And entries are only about $15 a trial. I am telling you, we are in the wrong game. :?

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
I will probably go to 12-15 whether or not I have a dog to run. If I can't run I will Marshall or work in some capacity. Living in New England makes it very easy to get to a lot of tests.
M

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
WRL said:
Paul,

Try driving to WA!! lol

I will likely run about 10 events this year.

WRL
Well, thats true, and there's N California that's not so bad a drive, but I hate driving. I do like running up at Bob Peppers and I have a goal this year of running Sand and Sage and the Missoula HT. I have to get a better vehicle for these drives....

/Paul

1 - 13 of 13 Posts