RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Should RTF require you to use your real name to post on this forum?

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Call them pot-stirrers, call them whatever you want -- on a daily basis we get members posting controversial opinions and materials on here while hiding anonymously behind a handle.

Simple question, should you be required to use your real name either as your handle or in your sig, to be a member of this forum?

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike Peters-labguy23 said:
I would like to see that.
Do you think it would increase the amount of civility?

Or do you think it is a good idea for people to be able to say controversial things without fear of retribution?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Another forum I am a member of (non-dog related) does this, as well as requiring your real location. While it is nice to refer to other members by their name, the same problems still exist.

It would be really hard to enforce as there is no way for us to know for sure that that is the user's REAL name.

Robert

G

·
I voted no.

Anything I say on the board. I would say in person.
How would you know if they are using their real name or not anyway?

Curt

·
Registered
17,222 Posts
Heck, if I used my real name, nobody would know who I am. All my life folks have called me as either, Frank, Franco or Booty.

Signed,
Max Havoc

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Lisa Van Loo said:
How would you know if they are using their real name or not anyway?
OK, you caught me!

Signed,

Jerry Harris
hahahahahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Signed,

Lisa Van Loo :wink:

·
Registered
813 Posts
I voted "no" but would like to add that if you are going to call someone else out by either name or enough information to reveal their identity then you should have enough dignity to sign it with your name.

·
Registered
169 Posts
By signing your real name it does show a sense of "integrity", which sometimes is lacking in this day and age.

Greg Floyd the Air Force guy and no I am not related to Pink Floyd, although I wish I could claim royalties.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I like GDG and women driver jokes ..... and I don't mind signing my name! What's it to ya?:lol:

Lisa Van Loo :wink:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Meleagris said:
Man this turned to GDG quick and I wasn't even here

Shayne Mehringer
Made me laugh out loud!

Lovingly,
LVL aka Jerry Harris

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It is true that it would be impossible to enforce absolutely. So we should make no effort at all?

There are tens of thousands of rules and laws that we live with everyday that are impossible to enforce absolutely.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts