RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

What is your personal preference for transporting several dogs?

• Trailer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chassis-Mount

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So which do you personally prefer -- truck topper, trailer, or chassis-mount?

We like chassis-mounts best. We are uncomfortable with the dogs in a trailer (different vehicle than us), and although we currently have a topper, it is too high to get the dogs in and out of.

What say you?

·
Banned
5,856 Posts
I didn't give a vote, because I like them all. It depends on how many dogs you have, what you like and if you trial alot.

Being a pro, your alwaya pulling something, usually a wheeler trailer. Our work trailer is a 12 dog unit with a wheeler rack on it. Our pick-up truck has a 8 hole topper on it and it pulls the trailer. Yes dogs have to jump up and down out of a topper, but they would with a chassis of any size and a topper is cheaper. As far as the jumping up and down a trailer is best for that. But they can be awkward and you still have to bring the wheeler.

What to do, what to do.......

·
Registered
94 Posts
I am only a two dog amateur but I have a 2 hole trailer I love.

The holes are huge and the trailer allows me to have the bed free for training gear and the dogs are dry and comfortable in summer and winter. Momma likes it for family trips as she will NOT allow dogs in suburban so kills multiple birds with one stone and everyone is Happy :D .

No need for a topper or chasis mount but nothing against them.
Steve

·
Registered
573 Posts
None of the above.

One dog Am so it is a two hole dog box.

If I were on the road - ie in the mountains for the summer or a yankee in Texas for the winter - definitely a chassis mount.

Lot of pros have played around with trailers over the past 10 years.
Most are going back to dog trucks.

·
Banned
615 Posts
h

I vote D: all of the above.

I have a topper now, and had a trailor.. I will have both a 2 months. In the spring when I get a fullsize truck, I will have a chassis.

Saw Angie B.'s set-up couple weeks ago. Nice. She even has a storage compartment for all of her "training bikini's".

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: h

YDKLABS said:
She even has a storage compartment for all of her "training bikini's".
Mm-mm-mm......"training bikinis." <drool>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts