RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

How many of you have ever had yourself video taped while running in a test or trial?

• I've done it and found it helpful

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've done it and found it useless

• I have never done it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There seems to be a lot of questions about how people were judged at a particular test or trial. I'm wondering how many people have had someone video tape them while they were running their dogs and if you found it helpful. I have learned a ton from watching the tapes Tina shot of me running Marlin, and have found that my perception of things at the time were very different from reality. What are your thoughts???

John
________
Pregnant Amateur

·
Registered
573 Posts
My wife likes to video tape us running.

I am a lot more critical of my dog and my handling than anyone I can think of - even judges. Normally our performance looks alot better on tape that it does in my mind after we get off the line.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Adrenaline

Adrenaline is very misleading as to the perception of what you did while on it! I do freefall video of teams and big formations. Ive had people swear they didnt take out a formation,or make a mistake....until they see themselves do it on the viewing!Same with tests. I find them extremely helpful,and clients love it when I hand them a tape of thier dog running out of state or whatever.I put music on them too!Its just fun! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts