RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

In regard to club pins --

• I would like to see them handed out again, but would not wear them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care to see them handed out again.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As has been noted here time after time, there was a day when owners and handlers wore their club pins proudly. Not just member pins, but judge's pins, and participation pins (NatAm and NatOpen).

How many people would be interested in clubs beginning to hand pins out again?

Would you wear them?

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
I wear my Field Trial Gunners Guild Boomer pin and a national pin on my ball cap much of the time. The balance of my collection is atached to an old camo fedora that I keep at home. I try to collect a pin from each club I judge for. I think its a wonderful tradition, and wish that the clubs would hand out guns pins to the live guns like they did way back when.

·
Administrator
3,830 Posts
Personally I'm not into pins. Just one more thing to get thrown into the junk drawer....unless they are for something very special (National Open, National Amatuer) Del Bay Retriever Club had special cloisonne member pins made up for the anniversary....they were pretty cool :)

Went to the DU Banquet last Saturday night. Ended up giving my pin to someone who didn't get one.

Vicky

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
I think they are kind of cool - kind of like what HRC has for titles - at the rate I'm going I'm not going to have room on my lanyard for all the duck bands I get for HT passes in NAHRA/HRC and even AKC is starting to do this. A pin on the other hand - I have plenty of hats and can switch them out a lot easier and I don't think flash will key off on the hat like he does the rattle of the duck bands (he'll pop on me if he hears them).

Lainee

·
Registered
708 Posts
I think that they are a real nice keepsake. When I was younger I played ice hockey and traveled around the US and Canada. I collected pins for most of the different clubs/teams that we played against. While I did not wear them, the are all on a sports towel that hangs now in my son's room. Every once in a while my son will ask me about a specific pin and I can sometimes remember what happened there. I would be interested in collecting pins from the different trials/test that I ran, I would probably wear my home club's pin and maybe another one or two that had special meaning to me.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I wear my club pin on my lanyard. I wear my National Amateur pin on the hat that came with it (I don't think it's very attractive but I cherish the memories). I have worn my National Open Pin as a broach to club banquets as I think it is very nice looking. Now I just need one of those gold ones and I'll really be stylish. :wink:

Laura

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Vicky Trainor said:
Personally I'm not into pins. Just one more thing to get thrown into the junk drawer....unless they are for something very special (National Open, National Amatuer) Del Bay Retriever Club had special cloisonne member pins made up for the anniversary....they were pretty cool :)

Vicky
I'm like Vicky on this, except that even the special ones would get thrown into the junk drawer. :?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I have a Puget Sound Retriever Club hat pin on a straw cowboy hat. The pins were made before I was a member. When I became a member in 1987 there were none available. One of the Founding Fathers of PSRC, Terry McConnaughey gave me one of his pins. It has tradition and is priceless. We are attempting to have them produced again. If anyone has one that they would care to sell please let me know. HPW

1 - 9 of 9 Posts