Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gerard's snow in Texas post got me wondering - who will be having a white Christmas?

Unless there is some miracle, my area of Maine will not have a white Christmas. :cry: We've got a little bit of snow on top of some ice but it is suppose to be in the 40's and raining tomorrow - then clear and really cold for the rest of the weekend.

Andy - will have to dream of a white Christmas for next year :D

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I'll be glad to share...got about 2 feet with more coming tonight.
It's all yours for the taking... :wink:

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
LOL, I grew up in West Texas, only saw snow once in my life. Joined the Air Force, got married and was sent to Alaska. My first Christmas there HAD NO SNOW. 3-4 inches of ice but No snow. I was a disappointed camper. But the following three years made up for it.

Jerry

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Long suffering, but happy Andrew is freezing. LOL.

I am hot - 95F today in sunny Victoria.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Enjoy the white stuff,
TX, OK,IN................................HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.............. :lol:

49 degrees here in NY tomorrow...................................HAHAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
I'm sure glad I sold my snowmobile in 1990 to send a dog out for training. Wouldn't have been able to use it but a few times since. It keeps going south of us or on the east coast.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
For a while I didn't think we'd make it, but tonight has proven my view wrong. It's not a 2 footer like Sherri's going through, but I know she's prepared. Wish I could say that for some of our Black Hills drivers...but I'm not gonna go there and ruin what's starting out to be a decent session with JB...or is it ET. Hehhehhehheh

UB...wishin' Sherri and her heroic husband (anyone doing what he does for a living is my hero) a very special Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Here in Mass. we have about 4 inches left,supposed to rain and be close to 50 on thursday. Doesn't look good,but there is a chance of snow late on xmas day. Jim

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Misty Lake labradors said:
YEPPERS! AND IT'S -40 DEGREES CELCIUS WITH THE WINDCHILL TONIGHT :x-mas:
Minus 40 C is the same as minus 40 F. That's cold. I've been in minus 65 F a couple of times and that's colder. Seams and zippers in parkas are cold spots. No, at those temps everything is a cold spot. The good thing about wind chill is that you can often duck out of the wind somehow. But, when it hits you square, ouch! Frostbite city.

·
Banned
5,856 Posts
Well it's looking white right now and it sucks!!!!!

Been there done that.....

Give my yesterdays 70 degrees, now that's christmas!!!!!! :D

Howard,

That's soooo sad,,,,,, you need to find new employment.............

Angie

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Howard N said:
Misty Lake labradors said:
YEPPERS! AND IT'S -40 DEGREES CELCIUS WITH THE WINDCHILL TONIGHT :x-mas:
Minus 40 C is the same as minus 40 F. That's cold. I've been in minus 65 F a couple of times and that's colder. Seams and zippers in parkas are cold spots. No, at those temps everything is a cold spot. The good thing about wind chill is that you can often duck out of the wind somehow. But, when it hits you square, ouch! Frostbite city.[/quote
]

We had the cold stuff a couple days ago. -9 with wind chill making it feel like -25. That makes the 40 degree weather seem balmy!!

My twin & her family just flew in from Alaska today. They would definitely be having a white Christmas at home.

Andy-I checked Yes because I wanted to! :roll: We have a bit of snow, but it's starting to rain here & is really nice out, so we'll see. I don't think the mountains will lose much though.

M

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I went out last night to plug in my wifes car (mine was in the garage), and had intensions of taking the mutt for a walk as she's gone two days without any training and is going alittle stir crazy. Anyways it was about -47 degrees celcius with the windchill and we only got to the neighbours house 50 yards away before I said "f--k this". I'm glad we did because at that temp skin will freeze in 4-5 minutes.

·
Registered
218 Posts
There probably won't be any snow here in east-central Missouri for Christmas but we'll be spending the day with hubby's family in southeast Missouri where there is already 12 inches of the white stuff on the ground with more predicted for tonight. But, hopefully, the roads will be clear for the trip.

Here it's just down-right cold and Winnie has dug herself into the very back of her kennel to stay warm.

Debbie Bohnsack

·
Registered
146 Posts
just bitter cold.. no snow.. love white christmas's, but just as well since we have family driving in from all directions...

·
Registered
228 Posts
White Christmas

Minus 3C in Northern Ireland and a snow forecast for Christmas Day. Looks like a White Christmas in Ireland this year!

Have a great Christmas and New Year all of you on the other side of the pond.

Nimrod

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
It's 14 degrees in Ft Smith AR with snow and ice on the roads. The macho dawg just learned to go pee in the shower (aim to bad for toliet) and come back to bed to keep me warm.

Shayne

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I live on the other side of the state from Miriam and we have two feet of the white stuff on the ground still. It is suppose to warm up but not enough to get rid of the snow, so we should have a white Christmas.

On a side note, seeing as how we are on the Chritmas subject. What is the one smell and or sight that you most remember from a kid at Christmas time?

I remember all the different kinds of cookies my mom used to make and the sight had to be the bubble lights on the tree. They fasinated me. Of course I am easily amused.

Margo
Remembering peanut butter blossom cookies, the ones with the huge Hershey Kiss in the middle!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts