RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that we have our 9 week old BLM, I'm remembering how much fun it is to pick up little land mines in the yard. I've been looking at some of the disposal systems that you bury up to the lid, add enzymes and water, and the "problems" disappear. This is great, but I live in MN, and for part of the year, adding water is just going to make ice! Any suggestions on ways to dispose of the poo?

On a side note, I made an area in the yard (actually around a huge silver maple) and filled it with pea rock. At eight weeks (one week of having him), he pees in the pea rock. The problem is that he won't poop in it (like we were hoping). He needs more room to make his circles when going #2. At least I won't have the urine burned grass!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I had one of those "buried to the lid" disposal systems. Unfortunately, where I live there is clay so the drainage just didn't work for me. Daily pickup with a pooper scooper is the only solution.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Bag it and put it out with the trash. Or throw it in your neighbors yard which could cause tension in the hood.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bag it and put it out with the trash. Or throw it in your neighbors yard which could cause tension in the hood.
That's what we are currently doing (not throwing it in the neighbor's yard...although she wouldn't know the difference!).

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Sounds like you might be a city slicker. Here's one idea: Buy one of those smaller outdoor trash cans with a lid. I don't know the exact size, but a mini version of the oscar the grouch type cans that's sturdy and weather proof. Buy a box of compactor trash bags from costco (stronger than normal trash bags) and use those in the small can. This will be your poop disposal can. Once can is 3/4 full, tie up bag and put it in your regular outdoor trash can for the garbage man to take it away. Also helpful is to buy a pooper scooper rake and shovel set. Rake the poo into the shovel and dump it into the can/bag. If you're the clean type, get a bucket with bleach and water in it to store the scooper set between scoopings.

And that's all I have to say about that! ~ Forest, Forest Gump

(Jennifer)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, sounds like I'll bag 'em and throw 'em. Just thought someone might have a clever idea...

·
Registered
530 Posts
Well, sounds like I'll bag 'em and throw 'em. Just thought someone might have a clever idea...
well if you gonna pick em up takem inside and flush em:p

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
well if you gonna pick em up takem inside and flush em:p
If it's an issue, I'd use the toilet or toss in the trash before I'd go burying some bucket in the yard n buying some enzymes.

Fortunately for me, my dog has a favorite spot out near the back fence. Every so often I might take the shovel out there and fling stuff in to the bushes, but mainly I just deal with it (one dog).

Josey Wales: "....Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts