RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else have that one dog that when you pet them out to air, always poops right in the middle of the front yard? And no matter what you try, they always want to poop there. Out of my three I have one that is determined to do it right in the middle of the centipede grass in the front yard. The other two run to the wood line to do their business. Annoying!

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Pick up the dog and carry it? LOL!

some things that might work (not sure what you've tried

as Mr Bora indicated, a leash/rope every single time. When the dog tries to beat you to the area, keep at it another 3 weeks. Get the habit ingrained. I would add, change the way in which you let the dog out - start this habit at a different door/location of the house than you normally do.

move the dog's feces to the area you want him to go.

Be consistent if it really matters to you, or learn to live with it and be one with the pooper. :LOL::poop:

·
Registered
437 Posts
Dogs are funny like that. I’ve often wondered what makes dogs prefer a certain spot. I’ve got nearly 7 acres and the same dogs run to the same general area almost every time.

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Teaching a dog not to crap in the front yard isn't difficult.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Dogs are funny like that. I’ve often wondered what makes dogs prefer a certain spot. I’ve got nearly 7 acres and the same dogs run to the same general area almost every time.
Gross but interesting topic.
I have 14 dogs and they have over 1100 acres to do their business on.
All but one generally go off and find some high grass or Woods to do their business in.
The one exception is a yellow b** who is probably the best looking b** I've ever had.
She's clean as a whistle in the house or kennel, but she sometimes will roll in some nasty greasy green fresh cow pile and she will literally paint herself head to tail in it
She generally does her business out of sight but I have seen her run 100's of yards through pasture and take a dump right in the middle of the driveway or on the sidewalk Sometimes she acts like she's proud of her poop.
Her breeder says her mom is the exact same way.
Kind of frustrating but kind of funny

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Gross but interesting topic.
I have 14 dogs and they have over 1100 acres to do their business on.
All but one generally go off and find some high grass or Woods to do their business in.
The one exception is a yellow b** who is probably the best looking b** I've ever had.
She's clean as a whistle in the house or kennel, but she sometimes will roll in some nasty greasy green fresh cow pile and she will literally paint herself head to tail in it
She generally does her business out of sight but I have seen her run 100's of yards through pasture and take a dump right in the middle of the driveway or on the sidewalk Sometimes she acts like she's proud of her poop.
Her breeder says her mom is the exact same way.
Kind of frustrating but kind of funny
Glad to see you back and talking sh!t again Marc.🤣

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
We do not have that issue. One door off the back pool room opens out into a "dedicated" airing yard. I always
observe from the door. When finished they return to the house. Three spot lights provide visibility at night. The
most important aspect of this approach is continuos supervision.

Plant Tree Grass Land lot Biome

Plant Natural landscape Tree Wood Land lot

Plant Snow Window Tree Wood

1 - 9 of 9 Posts